Main Menu

"30 years of 2000AD Celebration" ideas ?

Started by Marbles, 28 March, 2006, 09:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

and Cat Sullivan signs his Droid Life RH.
Cheers

-Daney

ukdane

The cover should be a (final) image by Belardinelli.

There is no excuse for Tharg not to attempt to get him to draw a final sign-off image.
Cheers

-Daney

Funt Solo

I can't criticise Rian Hughes talent as an artist, but I can and do intensely dislike his chosen style in Robo-Hunter, Tales from Beyond Science and Really and Truly.

But then I don't like modern jazz, either.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

+rufus+

Rian's a huge talent!
 Christ, I'm sure all this 'Belardinelli's final bow' is extremely premature.
 Would love to see him do some stuff though..
Whatever happened to Jose Ortiz?
That man is a genius!
:-) R

Dunk!

I think a 30th anniverary is great time for that Classic 2000ad Covers hardback tome that my coffee table so longs for.

The original covers in all their glory and the original art if it still exists.

At least get all those classic artists doing covers for a time.

Or maybe a true retro Prog - black and white printing on old rag paper and full of classic art.
"Trust we"

I, Cosh

Just read that wikipedia entry and realised I'd completely forgotten about Dare. I've got the collection of that somewhere: must try and dig it out.
We never really die.

pauljholden

I'm guessing the kind of names you're thinking of begin with "H" and end with "olden"? ;

Are you kidding? I'd like a 22 page Dredd drawn by me - that'd be my kinda chrimbo prog. (And er... the dosh would be handy).

Also, thought of this 'Parallax Views' - short strips from parallel worlds - not unlike the alternity special (was it called that?) only short - 1 or 2 pages per.

My dream world would have a chrimbo issued packed to the brim with short strips by bolland/bellardenelli/O'Neill/Gibbons and other illumni. (and er... the aforementioned ALL-HOLDEN Christmas Special)

-pj

Dog Deever

OOOOOH! Tore a few scones did I?- like I care! It's all subjective, some like Jackson Pollock others Carravaggio.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

+rufus+

some like Jackson Pollock others Carravaggio.
 Yup. People do.
Doesn't mean you have to bag either of them though.
 Or Rian Hughes.
 Rufus

Dog Deever

Ha! Ha! Wot? Nae opinions allowed aroond here? Honestly, some folk have got nae sense o' humour! 2000ad readers as well! Nice Rogue cover, by the way- but i still hate the style that Mr Hughes chose to depict the aforementioned strips, seeing as how i helped pay for them i feel it entitles me to comment.

Dog Deever

I also noticed that no one jumped down my throat for slating Synamon- go on! You know you want to...

Rosso

These anniversaries come along far too frequently for my liking. I thought we'd just had the tenth one??

Dog Deever

What about a free gift? A redsigned space spinner that can be fired from one of those Beyblade launchers!

Buddy

A big party and ehxibition of artwork from day one (that page Jock found and gave to Carlos) to present day (the computer artwork from the likes of Frazer etc...). Free entry and a massive media hype to tell the world how this fantastic 'kids' comic has influenced general modern culture etc.. etc...

judge dreddd

Perhaps we can get dr who to be seen reading tooth, as he was reading eagle years ago. :)