Main Menu

Tomb Raider Legends

Started by Richmond Clements, 08 April, 2006, 04:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Well, what do we think then?
I only played the first level so far, but it's already a huge improvment on the last effort.
There has been a great leap forward in the controls, with jumping and climbing being a lot more intuitive this time. Common sense touches like Lara grabbing on to ropes herself, with the need to perfectly time a button press.
Looks lovely too, so all in all, so far so good.

LARF

I'm in Japan at the moment facing up to the boss and he's pretty hard...

Noisybast

I'm in work at the moment. I would face up to the boss, but he's at home in bed, the lazy fecker...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Wils

Are you sure you're playing Tomb Raider and not Bukkake Warrior, Larf? ;)

Tanky

I think I'll wait for a 2nd hand cheapo one. Good is it?

xTGx

Pete Wells

Got it this morning and...

The good news is it's a great game with lots of lovely cool bits and fab graphics...

The bad news is that it's very, very short and pretty easy too. I've completed it already with very little trouble. But what a great day it has been!

Pete (who must now go and suck up to the neglected Mrs Pete!)

Adrian Bamforth

"The bad news is that it's very, very short and pretty easy too. I've completed it already with very little trouble."

Hold on, are we talking about the same game here? Is it just me that takes weeks, even months to complete a Tomb Raider game?

ADE

Richmond Clements

I'm with you Ade... I'm at the end of the Japan level at the moment.

But then, I've only played it for an hour or two a day.

Adrian Bamforth

I'm going on the old games I should add, I don't know how short the new one is. I've often though games are too long, require SO much commitment to make it to the end. Tomb Raider 3 I found actually impossible toward the end. Though perhaps I'm just not very good.

ADE

Pete Wells

I've never completed a Tomb Raider game without consulting walkthroughs and it always took weeks of my life!

Despite this, I completed Legend in a day (only playing for about 6 hours). There's only eight levels and some are very short.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a great game, just short! I'm currently going back through the levels to find the little bonus artifacts I missed and still loving it!

Pete.

LARF

SPOILERS

OK, I'm at the end of the Japan Level and facing up to the boss guy. The tactic I can see is hide behind the Buddah's and keep popping shots at him with the assault rifle until he drops and keep moving from the green blasts is this pretty much what you do? If so I'm finding it really hard... reminds me of the end of Angel where you have to play as Trent (twat) and try to kill the spider thing with the stupid targetting crap controls, so i think that this is psycologically affecting me. Pass the couch!

Richmond Clements

Larf.
Spoilers:

That's were I am too, but just before I had to stop playing last night, I figured that you can run towards him, and if you time it right you can jump the waves of energy from his weapon. Once you're close enough, you can shoot him for more damage.
Haven't killed him yet myself, but that seems to work.

Pete Wells

I assume you've climbed the poll to dodge the turrents? I think you've got the strategy right Larf, you can get closer to the little begger by jumping over and rolling under his blasts.

I should mention that I played the game on the easy setting as I'm a prize wuss!

Pete.

VampiraJen

I was gutted at how tragically short the game is.  i've never finished a game in less than twenty four hours of starting it.  what's really pissing me off is that it blatently stops right in the middle of the story and we're expected to wait a few years untill it's continued.  wankers.  why can't game makers just focus on making a great game these days instead of making an epic (a.k.a cashcow) over several games

still great graphics, fun to play, Keely 'ohmygodthatsherfromtippingthevelvet' Hawes does a wonderful job of breathing life into Lara.  a good game.  i'f they'd confined the story to one, longer game.

VampiraJen

b.t.w you can jump over the low green waves and roll under the higher ones.  i did that and just kept getting in as close as i could with the shotgun.