Main Menu

Roobarb & Custard

Started by Adrian Bamforth, 09 May, 2006, 08:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Bamforth

Still not able to get Channel 5 I'm always the last to know about this kind of thing - new episodes of Roobarb! Same Richard Bryers, Same writer, don't know if Bob Godfrey's involved. Looks the same from this picture, though I fear not coloured in with magic markers. Anyone seen it? Any good? Oddly enough I was also thinking of mentioning the new episodes of Willo The Wisp - developed by the creator's daughter, same characters except for the narrator who now looks like James Dreyfus instead of Kennith Williams. Again, it's tucked away on some kids satelite channel so I haven't seen it.

http://www.roobarbandcustard.tv/flash.htm
http://www.willothewisp.co.uk/

ADEhttp://www.fox.co.uk/content/fox_films/11229/images/HE_Roobarb_LargePackshot.jpg">

Adrian Bamforth

...apologies for forgetting to give the thread a title by the way.

ADE

gnilleps

Same opening theme, different end. Confused the hell out of me at first as it was playing in the background and I didn't realise there was a new series and Rhubarb was talking about his friend Mouse from Silly-cone (sp?) valley and computers.
Not coloured with markers, but still visually true to the original.

+rufus+

I remember working up at Bob's studio in King's Cross years ago on an Ad, and he was using his Animation Oscar as a Toilet doorstop!
 It was a tiny studio, stuffed full of his markered drawings.
 He liked things to wobble (Boils, as we call it in the Animation industry), and kept grumbling my stuff was too tidy!
ah, no pleasing some people.
Rufus

Dark Jimbo

If you liked the original, you'll like this.
@jamesfeistdraws

Devons Daddy

this like so many things. is our age group coming of age,getting money and position,and then bringing back the good stuff,.

roobard and custard, Dr who,willo the wisp.
bring back MR Ben and i will be a happy camper.

i already own the CLANGERS on vhs and intend to have it transferred to DVD soon.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

+rufus+

I bought the Muppets on DVD for my son....and kept it for myself.
The shame...
 still love the Swedish Chef though...
:-) rufus

scutfink

roobard and custard, Dr who,willo the wisp.
bring back MR Ben and i will be a happy camper.

i already own the CLANGERS on vhs and intend to have it transferred to DVD soon.

I saw Clangers on DVD in Kwik Save a while back for under a fiver (I've not seen it since I got a DVD player mind...), as for Mr Ben, isn't he getting busy with Pauline off 'Stenders still?

Adrian Bamforth

There are real clangers in the museum just down the road from me, since they made all those films in the area. Bagpuss also lives there in a case along with every character, piece of set and prop from the series. Have you any idea how big a clanger is? They look tiny but they're huge, probably about 18 inches high, giants I tell you.

They also have the clanger moon, which is paper mache pasted onto a large beach ball.

ADE

Carlsborg Expert

Claim to Fame of mine is that our good friend Bernard played the voices of the Clangers all those years ago.

scutfink

Have you any idea how big a clanger is? They look tiny but they're huge, probably about 18 inches high, giants I tell you.

IIRC there was an episode where an earth astronaut visits the Clanger moon and leaves them a new tablecloth hanging from a stick :) . Although they don't appear in the same scenes as each other, comparing the human and the Clangers makes them about shoulder height, still not quite as scary as the giant Wombles that befrended Bonnie Langford... (OMG, I am such a GEEK)  

Adrian Bamforth

That's their fictional height, though I'm saying the models are 18 inches.

ADE

scutfink

Weren't they knitted too?

Adrian Bamforth

scutfink

1 1/2 ft of knitted clanger, across the whole family that's a shit load of pink wool :)