Main Menu

The Dead

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 28 February, 2007, 08:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

The latest copy of 2000AD Extreeme. Featuring a cover picture from another comic I had previoulsy skimmed over and still own a few copies of it when it was serialised in Quality Comic format.

'The Dead.'............

Very strange stuff, metaphyical, weirdness.( Not weird in a negative way of course.) Which is what I thought of this in the last of my teen years as I had been more interested in the 'Slaine' as it was the main feature and 'The Dead ' was used for filler. I had only noticed these in the newagencies  at the beginning of the 'The Slaine: Spoils of Annyn' ( That could be issue number 16,17,18, 19, 20 or higher, not really sure without digging them out.) storyline. ( Though I found out much later that QC ran Slaine right from the start ( SpellBinders, also featuring "Amadeus Wolf' and some early 'Nemesis')to even the 'The Horned God.' and perhaps beyond.....

( Big Question: Have QC done anymore Slaine comics since 'The Horned God', As I have only just found out that they had covered 'Slaine the Horned God' as well?

Now I had been able to buy afew more of those QC comics (which were colourised.) a few years ago.  What I have now is a few more issues telling the story from the 'Slaine: Tomb of Terror' right towards the end and nearly all the way thru to 'Slaine: The Mini-Series'.

Some of these comics were also featuring 'Black-Beth',  and 'Black-Hawk' as filler as well. I guess that 'The Dead' would be only ten episodes long in full. ( Am I correct.)

Not sure if they ever featured these in really early 2000AD. Though, I think this was where Black-Hawk was also featured. I'm not sure I ever remember seeing 'The Dead' anywhere else.

Anyway, I don't know if I have ever episode of 'The Dead' and I wasn't really following the story that well when I was first reading this in dribs and drabs over the last fifteen to twenty year period.

( I shall dig these out sometime. Deduce wether I have all of them or not.)

This ten episode reprint in the 'Extrreeme' magazine may be something else to look forward to.

Link: http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=enlarge&issue=75484303588%201" target="_blank">I didn't think QC went this far with Slaine.

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/usreprints/hires/qslaine20.jpg">