Main Menu

Prog 1528 - Insurgency Exit

Started by Dark Jimbo, 12 March, 2007, 09:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

The prog thread!! Bwa-ha-ha! This is what happens when no-one else realises the board's back online.

Dredd - For me, this was a significant story - it was the one where I finally felt I could say with absolute certainty 'Yes, Rennie gets Dredd.' I haven't been much of a fan of his Meg tales before, but consider me a convert now. Moving, gripping and not a little touching at the end. I think I enjoyed this more than I had been Origins.

Savage - Not a great deal happening, but I can't fault it. Looks like we're getting set-up for something very interesting, and nice to see that the Volgs don't necessarily have to be the enemy of the day.

Robo-Hunter - Sigh. Alan Grant, please stop it with the celebrity cameos. They really aren't funny.

Sinister-Dexter - Nice to have a story where the named leads barely actually appear, and this looks to be building to interesting things, but I'm confused - are we in the middle of a run of stories that is collectively 'The Moses Wars' saga, or is that still to come?

Dante - Hurrah! I loved that character! I won't spoil just who unexpectedly returns in case someone reading this doesn't have the prog, but it was a really nice surprise. Although to be honest, it doesn't look like he'll be back with us for very long. That Konstantin really is a bastard.
The story is taking some really dark twists, and the momentum is staggering considering how interminably long the pirate saga seemed to drag on for. It's like I'm just along for the ride on this story, struggling to keep up (in a good way), rather than it being there for my delectation.
@jamesfeistdraws

Buttonman

No Monday prog again! Last weeks was here on Saturday (thanks Denise!) - sooner the 30th birthday hangovers are over the better!

Keef Monkey

Anyone else's prog arrive sans staples? Good issue though, I'm always pleased at the return of Sin/Dex and Dredd was cracking. Robo Hunter is pretty naff right now though, mainly for the already mentioned lazy celeb cameos and if it wasn't for Gibson's art would be fairly charmless. Overall the prog gets a thumbs up for strip quality and a thumbs down for staple-work.

2000AD Online

2000 AD celebrates 30 years of Thrill-power at Madame Jo Jo's in London's Soho on 25th April.  Doors open at 7pm and the party will continue until 3am.

Look for details on purchasing tickets for the event in 2000 AD and on 2000adonline.com

Tharg

Link: Tharg's Newsround

Art

Lovely cover art from Mr Laurence Campbell, who is now a dad. http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/hires/1528.jpg">

I, Cosh

No Monday prog again! Last weeks was here on Saturday (thanks Denise!) - sooner the 30th birthday hangovers are over the better!

The Paisley-ites must be hijacking the mail wagons again. Mine was here at 09:30. Admittedly, that was without staples, but you can't have everything.
We never really die.

Trout

Lovely packet of prog!

A great ending to Dredd, more excitement in Savage and sadness in Dante.

Robohunter was okay and I enjoyed SinDex well enough.

Very good cover.

Origins back next week! Hooray!

- Trout

ukdane

That Origins image looks mighty like John Ridgeway's painted it, or is it Cliff?

Does that mean he's on cover duty next week, or *shiver* (a very little one) he's taken over art duties from Carlos?
Cheers

-Daney

Goaty

Origins is Carlos's!!! no taken over, please!

Proudhuff

great coververy eye catching!

Dredd a fine tale well executed!

Savage, I'm really enjoying this so far, Mills at his best I feel, tho my heartsie  sank a bit when the slinky female baddie appeared...

Robo hunter, sorry but Sam Slade was a one off funny and should be laid to rest, I skimmed this and Sin Dex as I find niether of them to my likeing, they seem to be a lot of work for little reward IMHO, but I know they have their fans, perhaps this is what makes Tooth great, the whole chop suey approach to comics

Dante, how lovely is that art work a story well told in few words and clear pictures, put these guys in charge of the school books!

back page ad: Alice in Sunderland signing tour, hmmm must pass this on to an old hippy I know.

Huff Gladback

DDT did a job on me

McNulty

And now if I may, my comments...

Dredd: A great ending to a great story. Those exorcist rounds look like their going to be useful in future supernatural cases. I liked it when the guiltseekers went straight through Dredd and hit the other judge. Looks like Judge Ishmael has another case. A sad ending, but it couldn't really have ended any other way.

Savage: We're finding more about Bill and the others. Noddy wasn't always like the way he was, it was the Volgs that did it to him. And Savage is getting darker and darker the more family he loses.

Robo-Hunter: I don't see what you guys are so unhappy about; I'm enjoying this story. Every script doesn't have to be Shakespeare. It's good to have a laugh once in a while.

Sin/Dex: Looks like Finny's thought of another way out.

Dante: If you'll excuse the dip into the vernacular - BLOODY HELL!!!!
Mr Jimbo alluded that Konstantin was a bastard. It really doesn't do justice to someone who would torch someone else's genitals! No wonder Dante threw up. I felt sick myself.

Well, that's about it for this week. Next week sees the return of Origins, but with another artist. I'm afraid I don't know why Carlos isn't continuing with this at this time. But I'm defering judgement until I see more...

The Amstor Computer

Well, that's about it for this week. Next week sees the return of Origins, but with another artist. I'm afraid I don't know why Carlos isn't continuing with this at this time. But I'm defering judgement until I see more...

What? It had better not be - throwing a nine-week break into an epic so the artist can catch up, only to come out the other end with a new artist anyway, would be a bloody farce...

IndigoPrime

I assumed the same, that the "panel" shown was a crop of next week's cover art. I guess we'll know soon enough, once next week's cover is uploaded.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/functions/cover.php?Comic=2000ad&choice=1529" target="_blank">The likely link to next week's cover art

[YT-2]

if the picture that appears below is the same as the preview then you'll know its the cover, and as soon as its uploaded it'll appear.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=prog&page=profiles&choice=1529" target="_blank">Prog 1529

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/mediumres/1529.jpg">

JOE SOAP

***Well, that's about it for this week. Next week sees the return of Origins, but with another artist. I'm afraid I don't know why Carlos isn't continuing with this at this time. But I'm defering judgement until I see more...***

This is how false rumours start, Carlos is finishing Origins as Matt Smith has already stated. The art in this weeks is a cover.