Main Menu

DON'T FORGET - 30TH ANNIVERSARY PARTY 25 APRIL 07!

Started by 2000AD Online, 24 April, 2007, 03:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Spurioso

Boo, Al, Natalie and SomeoneelseIdontknow dancing like their lives depended on it to the haunting strains of Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds theme is possibly one of the strangest and yet loveliest memories I shall ever pick up.

I apologise to anyone I spoke to.  Or shouted at.  Or spat on.

I was drunk.  What can I say?

COMMANDO FORCES

That dancing windmill was Al Ewing!

Mangamax

Shouted at? No.
Spat on? No.
Being in your vicinity though did cause me to develop the most gawd-awful Judge Death-type rictus grin ever.
I mean, what's going on? I don't smile like that. Its like i'm being pulled by an invisible hook and line.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/Mangamax/P1010098b.jpg">
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Mangamax

Apart from the above warning against the demon drink, we had a good time.
Went pretty fast, what with all the nattering, meeting folk for the first time and catchings up.
Really pleased to have a good talk with Greg Staples about stuff and it was nice to talk to Jason Kingsley.
Haven't been clubbing in London since the Sprogs were born and it made a nice change to be with Tooth-minded folk without the usual convention trappings.

Mangamax

Me and Logan.
Relax girls, he's armlesshttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/Mangamax/P1010096a.jpg">

Mangamax

Me and Cheryl with Rufus
*Insert caption here*http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/Mangamax/P1010097c.jpg">

wampa

man that was a good night....paying for it now mind...

a cute pre-bristol warm-up,and some great verbal mayhem was shared. discovered that jeff wayne just isn't quite funky enough to really let rip , but al certainly brought the funk to new a level...

had my hands washed by smiley tony  - they should've made him wear a tharg mask or summink...

i was really getting into the swing o things when i had to leave for my train - which i missed , then had to walk the streets of london like a confused ralph mc.tell,being refused entry to gay bars etc. til 4am then went to gatwick for some real fun , bought some beers from m&s (it wasn't just beer - it was cold smooth luxuriously wet india pale ale)and shared them with 'che', a mechanic from tooting.....got home at 6.45am....

nice.

see yas at brizzle!

boo.

TordelBack

bought some beers from m&s (it wasn't just beer - it was cold smooth luxuriously wet india pale ale

Funniest thing I've read all day1

Keef Monkey

Sounds like it was a good laugh, maybe one of these days I'll make it along to one of these things. Although if I'd travelled all the way to London and no-one was masquerading as Tharg with a rubber mask and styrofoam cups and all the trimmings, I probably would have felt disappointed.

Adrian Bamforth

"*Insert caption here*"

Convention attendees should be careful to remember to bring a sketchbook or artists may be forced to draw on their bare flesh.

Natsan

Boo, Al, Natalie and SomeoneelseIdontknow dancing like their lives depended on it to the haunting strains of Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds theme is possibly one of the strangest and yet loveliest memories I shall ever pick up.

I'm just waiting for the pictures to appear. Probably on LITG if we're really unlucky.

Boo and Al had the better disco moves.I couldn't compete in the leg swinging....

Wake

I only took 2 photos during the whole evening. Unfortunately it was too dark to see the LCD screen or throughthe viewfinder.

Cheers,

Wake

Dan Kelly

Had a good night - just about feeling human now ;)

However it was more like a convention evening than anything more, so I can see why some people might have been disappointed.

As for the dancing, Boo can really bust some moves!  And who knew that Al Ewing drew his Rogue Trooper from life!

Dan

Judge Merlin

I used to have that Slaine T-Shirt (still do somewhere)

Buddy

I had two of those slaine shirts.... can I find one of them now?

Can I fu