Main Menu

spooky story

Started by PeterWolf, 22 May, 2007, 05:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

"As for mental illness being caused by "dabbling with the occult" and "demonic possession"- please! This is 2007. That kind of reactionary, ignorant bollocks went out with witch-burning. mental illness is a terribly serious business that affects a huge percentage of the population at one time or another. Please don't cheapen it with such utter, utter garbage."

Since that post seems directed at me let me respond. Politely. First of all, let me say that I know that mental illness is a serious problem and I'm not saying that all mental illnesses are caused by demonic possession.  (That being said I wouldn't be surprised if what some doctors think of as a mental illness, such as MPD/DID for example, was in fact demonic possession. I think the mind is to robust to just splinter into separate personalities by itself, but that's just my opinion, and I accept I might be wrong.) I'm also aware that in the past people were very superstitious, and that innocent women (and others) tragically died because they were wrongly accused of being a witch.

However, as I said, I have reasons to believe that demons do exist, and being involved in the occult is still a dangerous thing to do.  By 'reason', I'm not talking about superstition and my own imagination. I'm talking about things I've actually seen. I've seen people who have apparently been demon possessed, or if not possessed have been in some other difficulty due to a spiritual matter. No doubt, a doctor or scientist seeing them would assume they were suffering from mental illness, but when you investigated their background, they had often been involved in some kind of occult activity, like Ouija board or spiritualism, or they might have visited a witch doctor for treatment. In short I wasn't just spouting stuff off the top of my head from my own imagination.

Even if you don't believe demons are involved, the fact that such activities could cause a mental illness means it's probably best to keep away from such activities.

And for someone to accuse another of 'reactionary ignorant bollocks' because they believe in something you do not is surely a rather ignorant close-minded reaction in itself. Not to mention down right rude. How do you know it's not true? Do you know other peoples experiences?  I accept my interpretation of events might have been wrong, but I'm open minded either way. Yes I know it's 2007 now, but believe me, 'modern materialistic views' are often just as ignorant as they are enlightened.

Peter Wolf- glad to hear you're not superstitious about the black dog and as such I'm sure it won't affect you. (I hope you understand I wasn't accusing you of that just stating that I didn't think seeing it in itself would cause you or your family harm.)

That stranger you bumped into? He didn't answer to the name 'Roland' by any chance? (You'll have to have read Stephen King's 'Dark Tower' books to get that one. ;) ) Maybe that area of woodland is a thin place.

I find all this all rather interesting anyway.

Art

Personally I think you should all be burned as witches and your lands seized by the state, just as a precautionary measure.

Mardroid

Sorry for the double post above. (There doesn't seem a way to delete it.)

Art. You're probably right.

*Scampers off to the garden to build a huge bonfire.*

Dog Deever

Hmmm.... ergotosis?

The real question is- do you weigh more than a duck?
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Dog Deever

Erse!

That should have been 'ergotism'

Peter Wolf

Do i know you? where did you live now?  where did you live then?   this was 1980 no doubt about it   i am glad you said i think when you talked about the dog story.  that says to me you are probably open minded to things. I have to ask you your age just as something to go on.       I moved in about 1989-1990 to brighton  .    I did know the goths in hastings when i was there although i went back a lot after that.      you must have heard all the local alistair crowley bullshit.    Did tou ever know the crowley house in castledown avenue before it was knocked down.    i used to go there a lot.      I was never aware of any dog stories at all and i knew the woods upside down.    I did hear stories about church in the wood but i never went there at all.      Do you know the Aincent Parish Church of Ore that was tucked away at the top of elphinstone road? I used to go there a lot.     let me know more.      Peter.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Peter Wolf

Why not ,they will take the shirt off your back if you are not careful

Peter Wolf

regarding the person i will know as soon as i  see you obviously

Peter Wolf

did you go to the crypt ever at any time between 1984 and 1990.  if by any chance you did then it is almost dead certain that i may know who you are.

Peter Wolf

and another post:  did you ever hear of the srange things that went on in Old Roar Road at one time?           it has long since stopped as the land was developed.        Also the Ministry of Defence building on the ridge opposite Osbourne house was interesting at times.    I uncovered loads of second world war dogtags next to that place once buried in the woods.   funny place really,Hastings.

Art

Out of curiosity, have you ever been to Newcastle? maybe some time in the early 80s? and had to leave again a bit sharpish?

Peter Wolf

Hi there  i think you are right about the mental illness issue  mostly.  some of these people may have been vulnerable in the first place and maybe the occult sent them over the edge possibly, but no more on average perhaps than anything else.  As for James who i talked about earlier i pretty well know for certain that he was involved in that sort of thing as iwas told about it but not in much detail. He was an odd guy anyway and was difficult to pin down at times.      After the time when my mum and dad sold up and moved out of hastings i had to stay at friends houses instead.   I once had to stay with James once.   Well it tuned out that james was gay. I didnt know this until he stripped off and then made a proposition that i would rather he hadnt. I was as tactful as possible but just told him to go back to bed.   that was the last time i stayed there as that was a bit much.     so its like what came first, the chicken or the egg regarding eccentric behaviour and mental illness and the occult.    I sit on the fence a bit on that one for now but i do know someone else who is a bit odd ,but then got involved in the occult although he used to try and pull people out of covens. This led to him becoming deeply paranoid about being followed and persecuted that he used to voluntarily section himself.  he is a bit better now.  

I did come across some wierd stuff in the woods at clapham near  worthing which [ha ha] was famous for odd goings on and a spate of disappearing people,dogs,and horses and even ufo sightings. theyve got it all there although i will say parts of the woods are not good at all, and there was a connection with the Order of Hekate if that means anything to you.     They were using the local manor house as a base there.   According to some they were responsible for manipulating the hurricane of 1987 in conjunction with a coven near chichester.  I am neither confirming or denying this by the way.       anyway i was up in the woods where i found a mattress that was partly burnt,as well as burnt clothes so burnt that only zips and that were left. also a bonfire.   It had ben there a little while so there was no fresh evidence to be seen.        Scrawled all over the trunk of the nearest tree was the word "hell" lots and lots of times in blood red paint.      Theres some crazy shit that goes on in those woods.  Best leave them alone i think.
           Still that was nothing compared to those slaughterd chickens i found once the morning after something......

I believe the secret to magic is intent ,wether it is good or bad.   All magic is based on intent.   Your will is intent.  what you do with it is up to you.   If you direct your will in the correct way you can sort of achieve and get to the place you want to go to.   thats all you need to do i think.  You dont need all the wierd stuff and rituals as finding your true will is magic itself as everything flows.

if i sense bad intent in someone i dont want to know them at all.   they are best out of your life.

I will warn anyone to keep away from the occult at any opportunity i get and will always do so.                                          regards,
                                                                       Peter.

Peter Wolf

no its one place i have never been to ever. i havent ever been to the north east at all  .

I have to ask why you are asking
                                                                     peter.

Peter Wolf

I posted this account 3 days ago to someone who wanted to hear it and couldnt wait so my guess is that they would have read it immediatly as soon as they could.so i posted it and since then i have heard nothing.

I have emailed them 3 times now since for some feedback with no reply. If they havent been near a computer anywhere then that is fair enough, otherwise why no response? Its not very polite really, and i only let it out under certain conditions. It may be a bit soon or for some other unknown reason  to expect a reply, but if a week goes by and there is still no reply then i will try some other way to contact them as i dont like being ignored .

Dog Deever

On a marginally related note- does anyone remember a TV prog. in (possibly) the 80's called something like 'Pookisnackenberger presents...'? There was one episode I particularly remember that featured a Black Metal band recording a track to summon the Devil at Crowlie's hoose. They had a drummer called 'Visigoth' or something suitably Germanic. That's what this thread is beginning to remind me of!