Main Menu

Its a bit wierd but it is very relevent to you all.

Started by PeterWolf, 10 June, 2007, 02:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweak72

Albatross! Or Albert Ross I am not sureâ?¦
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

robbycox

â??there i discovered Robert Cox who has got all the art. When i saw the Meltdown Man i just thought where the hell did he get all that from? I thought about offering stupid amounts of money for it.â? Robert said no way and that was it.It would have been impolite to ask twice and i thought well it is being looked after well. So that was that.â?

Blimey! Seeing as I got a name check in Peters opening post on this thread I guess Iâ??d better add my tuppence worth to it as well. Here goesâ?¦â?¦
Firstly, Hello to Peter, and secondly, Iâ??ve just checked back through my emails and Peter did contact me (way) back in august 2005* about the artwork and wotnot. And although Iâ??m no expert his email writing is exactly the same as how he posts on the threads here so in my mind Peter is Peter and definitely not Scojo. I also emailed Peter in October last year** about the Massimo Fan site that Terry Hooper set up.
Although whilst on that subject of Scojo can I ask some of the more senior boarders a related question (if they're reading this). Did Scojo also post under a synonym of variations of the initials RC as well or was that someone else entirely? I only ask because at the exact same time I joined the board I also had a bit of a hard time of it until he was banned and I could carry on posting.
Cheers,
Rob.
* Yeah, I know, Iâ??ve really gotta clean the inbox out some time!

Richmond Clements

Did Scojo also post under a synonym of variations of the initials RC as well or was that someone else entirely?

Different nutter, I seem to reacll. Richard Cairns, I seem to recall.
Had some worries about this one myself, as his board name was a bit too close to mine.

Matt Timson

Ahhh... RC.  He made Scojo seem like a carefree soul.  Massive wanker, that one- and I don't think it took any board clique to see it either.

A legend in his own mind...
Pffft...

robbycox

Cheers for clearing that up guys,
Rob.

Peter Wolf

Hi robert.    Thanks for the reply.      Using my "mentalist" powers i have been trying to trace the missing Meltdown Man artwork with absolutly no success whatsoever.   I have been trying and trying and trying but nothing.

Zilch.      I fear the worst now .   either someone has it  somewhere or it has been trashed.   One or the other.

You never can tell when something can appear so i never give up.     I am not after aquiring it all for myself either.  I would let you have it to complete the collection but i would have no choice but to keep back a couple of pages for myself of course !  

There was a rash of Belardinelli artwork some time back on ebay but i never had the cash to buy any of it.   I remember the double page spread of Flesh with the giant scorpions the most.

Peter.

I will keep trying.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

robbycox

"i have been trying to trace the missing Meltdown Man artwork with absolutly no success whatsoever.I have been trying and trying and trying but nothing."

Welcome to my world!! I'm always on the look-out for any MB artwork but especially Meltdown Man, although i acknowledged, years ago, that it is an impossible dream to fully collect it all. I'm sure, like many others on this board, we've all heard the stories of how a certain Mr.R.Maxwell got rid of tonnes of artwork by simply chucking it in skips, although Iâ??m fairly certain this DOESN'T apply to the MM artwork as I've got at least 1 page from every episode (apart from Prog 225 - episode 48). The search continues.
â??You never can tell when something can appear so i never give up. I am not after acquiring it all for myself either. I would let you have it to complete the collectionâ?

(Puts pimping hat on) Well, thereâ??s good money and lots of it for any pages you do happen to turn up and would care to sell to me (and that goes to all on the board), Iâ??ve also got quite a few pages in my collection Iâ??d be willing to swap for any MB artwork as well if cash doesnâ??t do it for you.
Cheers,
Rob.

Noisybast

I once bought a page of ACE Trucking artwork that was advertised as Massimo's, but it turned out to be Ian Gibson's. Nice, though...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Peter Wolf

Who is R.maxwell ?  apart from being an ignorant fuckwit that is .     All you can do is keep trying.  Thats all i do.   Theres good money here and lots of it for a couple of my favourite pages but that is an impossible dream as you have them !    We will see if anything shows up.

As a matter of interest about how i find things,  I was at a boot fair a while ago and i came accross some old 2000ads.  I had a look through them but left them as they werent what i was after.   I thought i would like to find some that were older.    The next second on the opposite stall there was a pile of them that were around the 200s somewhere going very cheap, plus a few earlier issues as well.   I already had them but took the lot as they said they were going to be chucked.      This is how it can happen and it happens all the time so nothing can be ruled out.

Its a shame that i didnt know where that skip was as i love going in skips and rooting through rubbish as you find good stuff in them.

I draw the line at domestic rubbish in black bags obviously  ! things arent that bad  ! but i did survive at glastonbury festival for 4 days by eating scraps of food left lying around as all my cash was stolen.      You have got to eat !

Bye for now.                 Peter.

robbycox

"Who is R.maxwell ? apart from being an ignorant fuckwit that is ."

Yep, that's him! Robert Maxwell,Pension stealing scum (takes off political hat) I'm reasonable certain he ordered all artwork returned to the artists (a good thing) but told the artists they'd have to pay for it. At the time a lot of the artists either didn't reply or didn't want their artwork back seeing as it would have cost a bomb to get it returned to them, bearing in mind that the after sales of comic artwork then wasn't what it is today. Hence the chucking away.
That, i think, is the simplified version of what happened and i stand to be corrected if any of it's wrong.
Cheers,
Rob.

Peter Wolf

I didnt make the connection there at all with newspapers and that Robert Maxwell.   Hes better off dead in my opinion.   Did he fall off that boat or did someone help ?   Apparently he was mixed up in all sorts at the time of his death and i may be wrong but i have heard things regarding this matter.  I cant quote anything now as i need to refresh my memory a bit. I will find out if you want to know but it seems there may have been a couple of agents  [KGB  or Mossad]  waiting for him in the water to make sure he drowned.     Who can say ?    

Fancy making the artist pay for their work that they already owned and had been paid to draw?   Thats unbelievable.

Where did you find all yours anyway?    I would love to know.      Cheers.    Peter.

robbycox

I'll email you off thread about how i got all mine, but i will say (on-thread) that it wasn't by rummaging about in skips!! I'd have save thousands if that were the case.
:)
Rob.

Peter Wolf

Are you implying that the Meltdown man cost thousands ?      I suppose it could have considering how much of it there is.

Someone i know of in london
found an original Robert Adam fireplace in a skip in london outside a house .  These are the creme de la creme of fireplaces.     As for value i would guess a value at the very least to be around 100,000 quid.   This is partly my line of work so i know about it.

robbycox

bear with me Peter i'm trying to type you an email!! off thread!!

robbycox