Main Menu

2001 film buff question

Started by -Dunk!-, 13 June, 2007, 09:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Dunk!-

End a pub argument.

Is "My god, it's full of stars!" said at the end of 2001 the film, or does it not get said until the start of 2010?

My web-fu is weak/I'm lazy.

Tulkas.

Art

IIRC It's in the book but never actually made it into the first film.

Quirkafleeg

2010, according to the Internet Movie Database

Art

Judge Merlin

There's no dialogue after Hal is deactivated.

-Dunk!-

Cheers guys.

I thought it only happened in 2010.

Smug mode engaged for tomorrow.

Tulkas.

I, Cosh

2010, but am I right in thinking it was Hal replaying what had happened?

Not seen it for a while but I remember it being quite an enjoyable film.

If, like me, you find the idea of your PC saying "What do you think you're doing Dave?" when you switch it off unfailingly hilarious then there are plenty of sound clips available

Link: http://www.palantir.net/2001/sounds.html" target="_blank">Right Here

We never really die.

Keef Monkey

I always remembered it being in the first movie but might be confused, it's definately a replay of the last transmission that they're listening to in the second one so maybe that's thrown my recollection out of whack.

Matt Timson

2010.  It's the last known message from Dave Bowman.
Pffft...

Buddy

Isn't it the first line in 2010?

Worth a rewatch anyway, it's a great film.

Eric Plumrose

Despite the sixteen year gap between the two films, Keir Dullea doesn't look any older in 2010: The Year We Make Contact than he did 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Apart from some unconvincing aged latexing.

'My God, it's full of stars!' appears twice in the sequel's re-cap.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

the shutdown man

It was in 2010, but I think in the book 2001 Bowman did say it, for whatever that's worth. Perhaps that's where the original argument began?
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

johnnystress

I really thought it was at the end of 2001! I've never seen 2010 in its' entirety so I must be remembering a clip or something.

Richmond Clements

It was in 2010, but I think in the book 2001 Bowman did say it, for whatever that's worth. Perhaps that's where the original argument began?

I haven't read the book in many years, so can't remember- though I did think it was in 2001 too.
The book was written at the same time as the script though, so if it was there, there's a chance it was also originally destined for the movie script.