Main Menu

New Poll: Thrill-power Overload. How much did you pay (including postage)?

Started by 2000AD Online, 09 July, 2007, 11:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

The Enigmatic Dr X

Tight fisted Scotsman conforms to stereotype shocker.
Lock up your spoons!

Buttonman

£11.45 + £2.75 P&P from Amazon marketplace. Looks like a balls up on someones part but I'm glad to take advantage in compensation for all the times I've been ripped off. To be honest I wouldn't be in the market if I had to pay £30+ would rather have a night on the pop or a couple (six!) DVDs.

Last of the V8's

£21.57 inc postage from Book Depository, now reduced to £11 odd, much nashing of teeth, but hold on, I've just checked the Book Depository price and it's back up to £21.57!!!

dweezil2

£12.53 including P+P from Amazon-has been on order since it was announced however, full price now I would think.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Woolly

£14.51 inc delivery from Book Depository.

Get in! :)

Peter Wolf

I finished work early today and rushed down to the comic shop  and paid well over the odds [35.00] .     I said previously that i didnt care how much it cost.   I had to have the book and i wanted it there and then.     Its not the shops fault as they have to charge the max as shop rentals and leases are extortionate here and they have to be paid.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

I salute all who pay £35 for this and I am sure Mr Bishop does too, unless he still gets the same cut no matter what it sells for.

Buttonman

I think the author gets 10% of the cover price regardless of any discounting or mispricing that may go on. JK Rowling wouldn't be worth £500million if Tesco could loss leader her titles at her expense.

Dan Kelly

Well I paid full whack because I wanted to support DB & my LCS, but am a tad miffed to see it as cheap as some of the reports, even considering early orders being honoured...

paulvonscott

I can honestly say I don't envy anyone who paid about a third of the books value.  It's a freak price, that some people were lucky enough to get because a company made a mistake which presumably cost them money.  

You can still get the book for just over £20, which seems a perfectly reasonable price.

robbycox

I got mine through the post this morning from Amazon and like dweezil2 i got it for £12.53 including P+P from Amazon.
Cheers,
Rob.

Buttonman

"It's a freak price"

Who you calling a freak?!

We are entitled anyway what with our extra mouths to feed.And arses.

davidbishop

The vast majority of authors get royalties as a percentage of their publisher's net receipts. I've written books with a recommended retail price of £19.99 and a 10% royalty rate that boiled down to about 80p royalty per copy sold.

A handful of mega-selling authors have the clout to demanding they get a royalty based on the RRP for each copy, regardless of what price the reader paid for it. I'd imagine JK Rowling is such an author.

davidbishop

Woolly

Does that mean your only paid 10% of the gross profits after tax?
Or does it mean that ive ripped you off?

Or both?

Im confused... should i feel bad about this?