Main Menu

High Rise of the Robots! -- Megazine 261

Started by The Amstor Computer, 23 July, 2007, 06:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

"On that note...I give up.... See you all in the funny books."

Now, this is the problem ... when I can't hurl random and entirely good-natured abuse at Mr Dayglo, for whom I have nowt but respect and goodwill, without him taking offence and/or the hump, then there is something horribly wrong on this board.

Honestly, Roof - I was just being ironic.

Or sumfink.

You twat.

Aaah! What's wrong with me? I can't help it!

Cheers

Jim

Drink! Girls! Feck!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trout

Ah, Rufus, we'd be very sorry to see you go. Jim didn't mean anything by it. I'll go and get my Rufus sketches out and have a good cry now...

Adwah's trolling hasn't changed anything. I'll keep expressing my opinion.

Rufus' point here - and on the other thread - is well-taken, though. As we've said on the board before, we should agree to avoid making criticism of the prog any sort of personal attack on a creator.

I've tried very hard to refer to content only whenever I've commented. If my comments were taken another way, that wasn't my intention.

But if we remove all negativity from the board, and only post nice, happy thoughts about 2000AD and the Meg, what would be the point in having a board? The feedback is important, or so I've been told.

As for Adwah, I'm only being bullied if I react to it. I'm just not interested and his unacceptable conduct hasn't changed a thing.
But my thanks to everyone who disagreed with the way he was acting and spoke up for my right to comment!

By the way, poll results (as of Sunday lunchtime):

Excellent 4 10%
Good 3 8%
Average 3 8%
Bad 9 23%
Terrible 21 53%

I realise I'm interpreting these results for my own purposes, but I make that 30 people rating the strip as "bad" or "terrible".
It's satisfying to know mine is not a lone voice on this.

Some people like it, and some people don't. That's anthology comics, as this board has proved again and again.

- Trout

adwah

"But if we remove all negativity from the board, and only post nice, happy thoughts about 2000AD and the Meg, what would be the point in having a board? The feedback is important, or so I've been told."

This is true Trout, so when you make a negative comment about an artist, qualify it, rather than just calling it "shit". This was my only point of contention with your comments.  

Adwah

Trout

This is true Trout, so when you make a negative comment about an artist, qualify it, rather than just calling it "shit". This was my only point of contention with your comments.

That's a fair point. Re-reading my posts on this thread, I note the only way I qualified it before you started to post was "messy... done on the bus in a hurry..."
I've expanded on that since.

I always have made an effort to support negative comments with some sort of detailed, thought-out criticism, and I'll continue to do so.
I've certainly done that about Blood of Satanus III in past Meg threads.

Are you going to stop making personal attacks? Are you going to leave this message board?

- Trout

adwah

"Are you going to stop making personal attacks? Are you going to leave this message board?"

I believe I have as much right to be here as you. There are no personal attacks, and this is not bullying, my friend. Simply trying to get you to acknowledge that your rather barbed comments were unnecessary. You are not a Hicklenton fan, and that is fair enough (he's pretty wild, and in my opinion constrained by the limited size of the Meg...).

You have just acknowledged that you over-stepped the mark, and that is gracious of you.

"I always have made an effort to support negative comments with some sort of detailed, thought-out criticism, and I'll continue to do so."

I shall endeavour to do the same... and keep the personal comments to a minumum...

I'm just quite excitable...

Adwah

Trout

You have just acknowledged that you over-stepped the mark, and that is gracious of you.

Okay, that's appreciated. I honestly thought my initial comments were more detailed than they were. I've been saying the same thing for months now.

I'm glad you're sticking around, and have said what you said about personal comments.
I remain pretty angry about some past comments on this thread, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut. I'd rather see the argument die.

I look forward to the next Meg coming out, so you, Werepire and others can give us positive comments on Blood of Satanus III.

- Trout

Matt Timson

Definitely something in the water...
Pffft...