Main Menu

New Poll: Harry Kipling or Lobster Random - which one do you want to see more of?

Started by 2000AD Online, 20 August, 2007, 01:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex Banner

The phrase 'partake in gusset typing' has the fiancee reduced to snortleing and giggles and is unable to put two words together.

Woolly

Im surprised no-one's mentioned 'taking Captain Picard to warp factor 10' yet...

The Adventurer

Both. Sometimes at the same time, please.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Captain Harry Flashman

Lobster Random by a LONG way! By far and away the funniest strip in the prog since Big Dave (Any chance of him coming back, Tharg?). Never really got the whole Kipling thing. Character doesn't really appeal to me - just not my cup of tea, I suppose. And special thanks to Funt Solo for his exhaustive research on the various expressions for spanking the monkey. Had me in absolute stitches!

Leigh S

I personally think its pretty normal to hate everything someone does on the principle theres something about their style that rubs you up the wrong way.  

For example, I love Pats stuff for its bonkers ideas but I can see why that mightnt be enough for someone who hates the expositionary dialogue he gives his characters.  I dont think Pats ever going to change his style to the degree that everyone would come around to loving his stuff, without him becoming a totally different person!

Another extreme example might be Fleischer.  Possibly a better example might be Mark Millar, who did some stuff I found terrible, made an arse of himself in the comics press and made me dislike him as an individual as much as I disliked his writing  (i do think Pat Mills suffers from this a bit, what with his fan bashing). This actually fed into my dislike of his writing and really didnt make me predisposed to having an open mind, I'll accept.  

Now, Red Son or whatever superheroics hes churning out, might be just my cup of tea, if he's had a a talent overhaul, but I'm not really going to be motivated to seek it out and reappraise it.

As for the choice - definitely Lobster Random of the two.  

Satanist

"Both. Sometimes at the same time, please."

Are we still talking about wanking or is this back to 2000AD?
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

JamesC

Wow! That bear robot is the same as the ones from the latest ABC Warriors.