Main Menu

Wednesday Night Chat

Started by pauljholden, 05 February, 2008, 05:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

Ah, I remember the Wednesday night chat.

How can we resurrect such a thing...?

Wake

If you are happy to use the 2000AD Online chat room then I could make it so that the "Chat Room" link turns into "Wednesday Night Chat" or whatever between, say 6pm and midnight on Wednesdays.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/functions/chat.php3" target="_blank">Or this IRC chat client here which could be used

Wils

Heh. They used to be a great laugh until he-who-shall-not-be-named drove everyone away.

I'm a bit loathe to suggest going the Chatnet route again, but how about just setting a time where we all just meet in the site's chatroom?

What do you reckon to...

ShedChat - In Orbit Every Wednesday, 10pm onwards

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/chat.php" target="_blank">Let's do the show right *here*, Earthlets!

SamuelAWilkinson

I'll have some of them apples, methinks.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Wils

One thing I *would* suggest if we use the chatroom here is the removal of the chatlog function(#) and possibly slightly increasing the amount of posts shown at one time, if that's possible.

(#) Tbh, I think the only people who'd miss the log function would be the paranoid who use it to check to see if they've been talked about and people looking for gossip for their columns. No great loss, then. :)

pauljholden

I vote NOTE the chatroom - it's too cumbersome. IRC or some other AJAXy chat ... if anyone knows of one...

Floyd-the-k

I like the log function and I'm neither of those groups; I just like to re-read an enjoyable chat now and then.  Having said that, I can see why you'd want to be able to remove it (if you don't want what you've said to turn up in a column)

eggonlegs

i would love to chat to some of the message board irregulars again, its was nice to do so b4 he who shall not be named f***** it up

Wake

How about if the log function was reduced to 1 day (or 1 week or something) so that it could be used to save a recent chat but couldn't be used to dredge the past.

Wils

I think reducing the log function to a day would be generally good anyway, but the more I think about it, the more that taking the Wednesday Chat to IRC (or summat) would probably be a better move than making it 'official' by being here. That way it would be self-governing and Rebellion wouldn't have the headache of feeling they have to intervene if Mongo turns up or if Eyebrows starts insulting everyone. ;)

If someone with more knowledge than me could set up an IRC channel somewhere, we could maybe have a trial run tomorrow. Although I used to use mIRC back in the day, a quick Googling throws up XChat as an apparently good IRC client these days.

Buttonman

I'd certainly look in (Hoo-ray!) if it were on here but can't usually be bothered to set up some other gubbins late in the day if that's required. You'd certainly get more passing trade on here but maybe that's not a good thing!

I, Cosh

How about we all agree to buy a six-pack and sit down at a certain time? It'll be like a virtual pub. And anyone who wants to play the fruit machine can paypal me a pound and I'll arbitrarily decide whether you win two pounds or more.
We never really die.

pauljholden

Oh well, since it's wednesday and since no other decent / easy to use option has presented itself, it looks like it's ...

ShedChat - In Orbit Every Wednesday, 10pm onwards

(I doubt it will be every wednesday, but still...)

-pj

ukdane

Any chance of a Happy Hour version, 10pm (11 over here) is past my bedtime.
Especially on a school night.
Cheers

-Daney

mogzilla