Main Menu

TANK GIRL SKIDMARKS... OUT IN JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE #275

Started by +rufus+, 27 June, 2008, 09:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeVille

Hey, first time poster but long time reader of 2000ad (18 years now). Deadline and tank girl are very fond memories and while the new tank girl art work does look pretty fucking good, the writing and the style was what made the strip, It was chaotic and anarchistic. She was like this major punk icon and spawned half a dozen subcultures (Google "riot girls"). If this series is not spot on it will be another nail in the megazine coffin. Sorry to sound like such a troll and that my first post is so negative but while its good to see a new series I feel a bit apprehensive, but fuck it if its good I'll be first to pop a can of XXX fast beer.

+rufus+

Thanks for your vote of confidence.

Ruf... Team Tank

+rufus+

Been wanting to announce this for a while!!

Spewing filth and fury since 1988, Alan Martin and Jamie Hewlett's anarchic heroine Tank Girl has long held the title of cult icon. Now, from the depths of the outback she charges, astride her fabulous tank, to celebrate her 20th anniversary with the release of a stunning new book this October from Titan Books, THE CREAM OF TANK GIRL!

Born 20 years ago, Tank Girl has so far spawned 41 strips, 8 monthly comics, 6 graphic novels, one prose novel, a Hollywood movie and thousands of adoring fans worldwide...and she's not finished yet! The ultimate collector's item, providing a definitive guide to Tank Girl and her world, this hardback coffee-table art book boasts masses of Jamie Hewlett's finest artwork, including tons of rare art and the previously unseen comic strip The 16s, along with every Hewlett Tank Girl cover ever, plus publicity posters, script samples and more besides.

Replete with brand new and specially designed cover art from Jamie Hewlett, his first Tank Girl work for a decade, and commentary from writer Alan Martin, this celebration of a comics cult icon puts on show exactly what has made Tank Girl so eminently popular as it leads readers through two decades of history.

Bask in the glory of exclusive new commentary from writer Alan Martin! Shiver with pleasure at the sight of rarely seen drawings by Gorillaz genius Jamie Hewlett! Have a nice cup of tea whilst studying the recipe page! Verily, The Cream of Tank Girl is a smorgasbord of Tank Girl-osity.

ALSO COMING SOON...
    A series of new 'Remastered Editions' of the original graphic novels! Collecting the strip in chronological order for the first time, these new trade paperbacks will feature slick new cover designs, brand new introductions and rarely seen artwork.

Artist Jamie Hewlett and writer Alan C. Martin created Tank Girl in 1988 for British music and comics magazine Deadline, generating a vibrant body of work that became a series of top-selling graphic novels. Hewlett went on to mastermind (with Blur's Damon Albarn) the multi-million selling virtual pop group Gorillaz, before teaming up with Albarn again to create a musical stage version of Monkey. Hewlett was named Designer of the Year in 2006, while Martin has returned to Tank Girl with a new series of comic books and his debut prose novel.

Dunk!

Will these be Black and White reprints of the early strips or the colourized versions?

Fingers crossed for B/W.
"Trust we"

+rufus+

Yup... The B&W will be ...well.. Black and white... all the crapola colouring removed..

I've seen the PDFs at Titan books, it's all looking good!

Me want!!

Dunk!

"Trust we"

+rufus+

DeVille

Oh life is sweet and gooey with Tanky pieces of molten sex.
 I wuv her.

dublicious

Lo Guys,

I have been a fan of tank girl for years and just seen this issue, problem is I can't find it anywhere :(  Does anyone know where I can order a copy online please?  The art work I have seen is amazing,  I wish I had an ounce of talent.  Any help would be gratefully received.

Take care and have a great christmas

Mardroid

Quote from: "dublicious"Lo Guys,

I have been a fan of tank girl for years and just seen this issue, problem is I can't find it anywhere :(  Does anyone know where I can order a copy online please?  The art work I have seen is amazing,  I wish I had an ounce of talent.  Any help would be gratefully received.

Take care and have a great christmas

These current issues are not in GN form yet, although I'd imagine they'll be collected at some point. They've been shown as weekly strips within the Megazine. I haven't bought the Meg in a while so I don't know when they finish.

dublicious

cheers Mardroid,  sorry to same lame but what does GN mean?  Really want to see more of the artwork  :)

Quote from: "Mardroid"These current issues are not in GN form yet, although I'd imagine they'll be collected at some point. They've been shown as weekly strips within the Megazine. I haven't bought the Meg in a while so I don't know when they finish.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: "dublicious"cheers Mardroid,  sorry to same lame but what does GN mean?  Really want to see more of the artwork  :)

Quote from: "Mardroid"These current issues are not in GN form yet, although I'd imagine they'll be collected at some point. They've been shown as weekly strips within the Megazine. I haven't bought the Meg in a while so I don't know when they finish.
GN = Graphic Novel
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

+rufus+

Hello Dublicious,

'Tank Girl  - Skidmarks'  is being published MONTHLY in the Judge Dredd Megazine, and started in Meg #275, and runs for 12 issues.

It'll then be collected in full colour (it's B&W in the Meg...well it's supposed to be B&W..but I got carried away..LOL) as a 4 issue US Comic style miniseries by Titan Books, then finally as a trade paperback.

After Skidmarks finishes we'll be starting some shorter TG stories for the Megazine.

We're also doing a new 4 issue mini series for Titan Books, called 'Tank Girl - Bad Wind Rising', and a 4 issue mini series for IDW ' Tank Girl - The Royal Escape', both out summer of 2009.

For more info, Alan and I run www.tank-girl.com where there's a blog, forum, and reasonably up to daye info.

Hope that helps.

Rufus, Team Tank Pencil Division.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: "+rufus+"Hello Dublicious,

'Tank Girl  - Skidmarks'  is being published MONTHLY in the Judge Dredd Megazine, and started in Meg #275, and runs for 12 issues.

It'll then be collected in full colour (it's B&W in the Meg...well it's supposed to be B&W..but I got carried away..LOL) as a 4 issue US Comic style miniseries by Titan Books, then finally as a trade paperback.

After Skidmarks finishes we'll be starting some shorter TG stories for the Megazine.

We're also doing a new 4 issue mini series for Titan Books, called 'Tank Girl - Bad Wind Rising', and a 4 issue mini series for IDW ' Tank Girl - The Royal Escape', both out summer of 2009.

For more info, Alan and I run http://www.tank-girl.com where there's a blog, forum, and reasonably up to daye info.

Hope that helps.

Rufus, Team Tank Pencil Division.
Just out of curiosity, will Rebellion be the one selling/publishing Skid Marks or IDW?
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

+rufus+

Hi Batson,

Titan Books will be doing the 'TG -Skidmarks' 4 issue mini series and Trade paper back collection in 2009.

:-)

Merry christmas! Ruf