Main Menu

Spoilers?

Started by Tweak72, 03 July, 2008, 03:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweak72

It occured to me that as the board had changed some of the  tools may also have changed so I am just going to test the <Spoiler>Spoiler blocker</Spoiler> if it doesent work the question is will it ever? or has it gone the way of the unnamable thread?
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Tweak72

hummm didnt work then. suggestions any one?

Buttonman

Yeah I need this info too. If a Big Brain appears please also tell me how to post multiple images (if possible) and how to add a signature, not that I will as I always get bored of quotes and you keep reading other peoples everytime before remembering that it's a sig and not a further nugget of info.

Buttonman

Forget that, worked it out - 'user control panel' under the logo. Took me a while to find what I needed but as I'm sure you'll agree it was well worth the effort. Still need a heads up on the spoiler front though. Cheers!

death by bongo

Just making the spoiler text white should be okay.

Like this:  He shoots everyone in the car, then goes out into the mist to die, only for the army to roll up, dispersing the mist and evacuating the survivors.  then he cries a lot, wishing he'd wrote the script for Punisher 2 himself and made that instead.

Those interested can simply highlight it to read it, those not so interested can ignore it easily enough.

w3bz

Quotethe <Spoiler>Spoiler blocker</Spoiler> if it doesent work...

If you guys let me know how it worked in the previous forum I can probably knock a function up for you.

Wake

Quote from: "w3b-B0Tv2"If you guys let me know how it worked in the previous forum I can probably knock a function up for you.

The users put <spoiler>tags around their spoilers</spoiler>

The php code displaying messages substituted the tags for a spoiler class link.

$content = str_replace("<spoiler>", "<a href=\"#\" class=\"spoiler\">", $content);
$content = str_replace("</spoiler>", "</a>", $content);

The spoiler class was defined in the css as

a.spoiler { color: #CCCCCC; background: #CCCCCC; }
a.spoiler:hover { color: #000000; background: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: none; font-weight: normal;}

Well you did ask...

w3bz

QuoteWell you did ask...

Yup...

[spoiler]Hoping it's much like this - may have to hit F5 to refresh your page to get it working[/spoiler]

Tweak72

[spoiler]brilliant[/spoiler]

Wake

Any chance of making it so that the [spoiler]spoiler[/spoiler] text appears inline, rather than as a new paragraph.

w3bz

TordelBack

[spoiler]Brilliant![/spoiler]

I, Cosh

Is this one any help? Or did the code change in the seven(7!) years since then?
We never really die.

Probably changed, working on it now though

Jim_Campbell

Hmm. Not working in either Safari or Firefox for me, even after refreshing/restarting.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.