Main Menu

2000 AD Online

Started by w3bz, 09 July, 2008, 11:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Judging by the reaction I got to making roughly the same suggestion, I suspect this is in-hand once the site's a bit further down the line. The most sensible build from a technical standpoint would be for the top of the masthead (banner, bike, logo) to be Flash with a fall-back to a static image for users of Flash-disabled devices (which also of course includes iPhone). The nav bar should really be a CSS-styled HTML list, which should even work on the likes of Lynx. The site would look and work in an identical manner, but be more accessible by making said changes.

chuckwallah

I have only one request - please, for Grud's sake do something about the colours. At the moment I can't even see half of what's on the page, let alone read it, due to the awful contrast. It's worse than the letters page in the comic :( .

elarsen70

The one thing that I really would like to see back on the website was the listing of the content of all the back issues and publications.  I found this a great way to find out which old isssues I should get out if I wanted to read an old story.  It was also a big help when I was buying old issues or publications, since I could make sure I am not buying something that just reprints of stuff I already had.

w3bz

Will be working on some updates tomorrow, got pulled aside for other bits and bobs today  :?

Peter Wolf

Hi : Quick question :

I wish to submit a piece of artwork to the Fan Art gallery but dont know how to or if that part of the site is still down.

Its not rubbish like most of my comp entries if you discount i or 2 of my first ever entries otherwise i wouldnt want to submit it.

This needs to be seen.

Its a portrait /pic of Judge Mortis.

Thanks in advance.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

w3bz

Hey, keep it to one side for now. That'll slot nicely into a media section we're planning, it's just a ways off yet  ;)

Wils

Is the stuff from the old fan art section lost now? Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) the shite Judge Death pic I did years ago that was in it is the only copy in existence now.

Wake

Quote from: "Wils"Is the stuff from the old fan art section lost now? Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) the shite Judge Death pic I did years ago that was in it is the only copy in existence now.

All the images still exist, if you know where to look:

w3bz

Wils

Quote from: "Wake"All the images still exist, if you know where to look:

Dear god, that *is* poor, isn't it? I may have to do a Lucas/Byrne and 're-imagine' it.

TordelBack

I think that Death is rather brilliant, Wils.  Original too.

Peter Wolf

I wouldnt say that was shite either but there you go.Perhaps add some background to it.

I have got about another 500 little individual skulls to add to mine.I have talked about drawing often enough and talked the talk without walking the walk until now so this should be the first of many but as i cant draw people/ordinary humans my repertoire is limited but there are plenty of other non/partly human characters to choose from.

Thanks.
Quote from: "w3b-B0Tv2"Hey, keep it to one side for now. That'll slot nicely into a media section we're planning, it's just a ways off yet  ;)

Roger Godpleton

It looks like he's being sucked off and his girlfriend accidentally bit down.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "Simpleton"It looks like he's being sucked off and his girlfriend accidentally bit down.

" TTTHHE  DDEADD FFEEEL NO PAINNN "

:lol:  :lol:

Its the curvature of Judge Deaths helmet [ ENOUGH !!!] that doesnt look right .I thought it was straight sided instead of curved if you know what i mean .

jabbamatt

Hi. Not sure if you are still taking suggestions for the site or this has already been said but the online shop desperately needs updating - there are no images! I can't see what the 4 new zarjaz T Shirts look like!

Also how about a 2000ad Timeline in place for reference under the History tab? (or more than one if needed)

cheers