Main Menu

Newbie Collector - Help! Confused by Back Issue Numbering

Started by NobodyAtAll, 17 August, 2008, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NobodyAtAll

Wotcha All,

I'm new to the Megazine and looking to purchase back issues from various sources (e-bay, shops, etc.).  

From the 2000AD website I see that the Megazine is up to issue 275.  When I look to purchase back issues I notice that there are various Volumes that tend to run along the line of Vol 1, issues 1-??, Vol 2, issues 1-??.  Is there a list anywhere that tells me how many issues there are per volume and if not, can someone help me out?

It also seems as though the Volume system was dropped at some point; hence is the present issue 275 counted from Vol 1, issue 1 or from Vol x, issue yy - if you get my drift?

Thanks for the help.

+rufus+

Hello and welcome!

The Megazine has been confusing divided into varying irregular volumes to confuse, readers, editors and droids alike!

This site is being rebuilt, but should shortly once again have a full index of all the Megs, in order, to add some sort of order for your future collecting and enjoyment!

I'm sure there's a few clever folk who'll pitch up with a brief breakdown of issues.

Good luck!

Rufus

worldshown

Hello Nobody,

Volume 1 of the Meg ran for 20 issues, Volume 2 for 83, Volume 3 for 79 and Volume 4 ran for 18 issues before individual numbering started at 201.

Hope that helps.

Buddy

Hi there Nobodyatall.....

Yeah.. I found it confusing when sorting through the back issues getting them in order.

I have a load of early issues/volumes I'm looking shot of, happy to give you first refusal on them before I list them on ebay...

All in very good condition and usually includes any free gifts that came with them. All very reasonably priced also!

PM me if you're interested, other wise it's ebay or the bin.

NobodyAtAll

Thanks for fast response - particularly Worldsown who has shed some light on how to arrange this big old stack of Megazines I picked up at the jumble sale for a fiver...   ;)

NobodyAtAll