Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Have to say Supersurfer (and I commented on this on one of the voting threads) I really like you're work when its a bit looser like the stuff here. Don't ask me why but I do?

SuperSurfer

Thanks Colin. Interested to hear that. I often feel as if I'm not putting enough effort in with the looser stuff and that I should take more time to do it 'properly'. I haven't settled down with a technique or style I'm comfortable with (as I keep on saying), but guess one shouldn't force these things. Keep on meaning to start a blog. Also want to find some of my old comic drawings I did as a teenager including some one page comic strips to scan in and show you fellas. They were tight as a gnat's chuff but I don't have that patience nowadays.

Colin YNWA

I'd love to see you start a blog as I do enjoy you're stuff. Maybe you shouldn't try to force a style on your work as I do think it looks greats as is. Mind watch listening to me as your tighter stuff does get more votes in the competitions so it might just be me spouting nonsense!

Emperor

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 28 October, 2009, 04:46:49 PM
I'd love to see you start a blog

Start a blog, start a blog.

If you are an artist reading this - start a blog (I'm looking at you Henry Flint for starters).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

mygrimmbrother

Seconded! Well said, that man.

Daveycandlish

I'm sure you've all seen (and if you've got any sense, actually own) a copy of the latest Zarjaz, with a cover drawn by PJ Holden and coloured by Steven Denton.

Well here's Steven's latest masterpiece, the cover for the next issue of PARAGON.

How has this guy not been snapped up by Tooth yet?!

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Kerrin

Nice work Steve, Battle Ganesh is such a class idea for a character. Emperor or Davey, if you guys see this, have you got copies of all the previous Paragons available?

Daveycandlish

Certainly have. You'll find paypal links by clicking the covers on the blogspot

http://paragoncomic.blogspot.com/

or just PM me for my address, or if you want more details
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

HdE

Just cast my eye over this thread - SuperSurfer - that is one SUPERCOOL Dredd! I love the tone dots!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

mygrimmbrother

Just appeared in my sketchbook. Looks a bit like Stalin. I like him:

uncle fester

Nice. Somewhere between Stalin and Einstein maybe? That's a dangerous concept...

Mike Gloady

Or one that could spawn a wonderful story....... 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

wild-seven

If Stalin had been a cowboy then THAT'S what he'd have looked like
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

amberkraken

Stalin... the wild west years!

I can see it already!

JayzusB.Christ

sorry, i posted by accident and forgot how to delete
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"