Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoagy

Great stuff people! Always a treat from Grimmbro. Soupsurfer please explore that style! Its brimming with possibilities. Just checked out your Mean Angel head..  Its splendiferous!

I can't wait to get my pooter and adobe set up, AGAIN!
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Mike Gloady

Yeah, I have to be really boring and say how much I really enjoy all the stuff you people do. 

MGB, that country-singer/communist leader/mad scientist illustration is just oozing character, I love it - one of my favourites on this thread for a good while.  Nice execution too.

And Supersurfer, I have to just repeat how much I like your stuff, looser is better for me and the tone-dots were a sweet finishing touch.  Lots of folks can draw "a" judge, but that one is unquestionably Dredd. 

Cracking work everyone, keep it up.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

wild-seven

Quote from: amberkraken on 30 October, 2009, 12:55:18 PM
Stalin... the wild west years!

I can see it already!

What about 'Stalin: the Westcountry years' - fewer purges, more scrumping
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

mygrimmbrother

Quote from: wild-seven on 30 October, 2009, 03:39:03 PM
Quote from: amberkraken on 30 October, 2009, 12:55:18 PM
Stalin... the wild west years!

I can see it already!

What about 'Stalin: the Westcountry years' - fewer purges, more scrumping

Sold!

Emperor

I could see him as lead singer to the Red Elvises, especially as they appeared in Six-String Samurai. Who else could you see doing it in a post-apocalyptic samurai-western?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjFd1PS-kg0
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Mike Gloady

Good movie that, Emperor.  I totally see him in that. 

Bolt-01

Hey-ho, I've now got me a slice of the FQ website for my very own, so here are some scribbles I've done over the last few days.

Folks who buy comics from me may well get one of these in future...

Christov

This is what I'll be shouting at folks when I open my door to trick or treaters tonight.

And just for kicks, an angry Alan Moore.

wild-seven

Your Alan Moore is BRILLIANT!
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Mike Gloady

I thought it might be him too.  My other alternatives were 1. Spider Jerusalem before his shower malfunction in the opening issues of Transmetropolitan or Dirty Frank from Twoth's own Low Life, both of whom were, rather obviously, modelled on.... ALAN MOORE!

HdE

Heh. Dirty Frank. GENIUS! I love Low Life!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Mike Gloady

Who'd have thought an obvious "joke" character, named after a song and modelled after a famously grumpy/mental comic book writer would usurp the strip entirely and be one of the best things in Twoth? 

Dirty Frank is the best Twoth creation of recent years.  I find it impossible to think anyone could dislike the character, even if Low Life might not be, for some mad reason, their "thing". 

LONG LIVE DIRTY FRANK.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 31 October, 2009, 10:05:01 PM

LONG LIVE DIRTY FRANK.

I hope I'm not giving away any trade secrets when I say that Bolt has given me a Lowlife strip to do for Zarjaz. Mega City One and Dirty Frank? I thought I'd done well to get a Strontium Dog script, but I genuinely couldn't be happier!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mike Gloady

Nice work, Jim!  Look forward to it.

Bolt-01

Not as much as I am. Jim has done a sterling job on his first strip for us- so I'm hoping he'll really enjoy his time in the Low-life.