Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR

P14 gets on TMO's nerves once too often. (Bloody pencils came through too much on this)

Ha! brilliant, would love to see this coloured.

Bolt-01

It's not really finished enough for that, but I do like the idea here and might work it into something more.

Meanwhile:

Tharg's first taste of the sweet, sweet, plastic cup!

A bit similar to the 'Set controls for the heart of the sun' Comp entry I did, but this must be a source of horror for all astronauts.

Mrs Kneebles only son.

Emperor

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 04 November, 2009, 03:03:59 PM

Tharg's first taste of the sweet, sweet, plastic cup!

That's great - you could ink that up, frame it and stick it on the Nerve Centre wall!!
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

flip-r mk2

This is the first time I've ever drawn Tharg.

pencil on a post it note.

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

mygrimmbrother

Quote from: flip-r mk2 on 27 October, 2009, 12:18:48 PM
Thanks Mike, there's a non-expiring demo of Manga Studio Ex 4 with this months ImagineFx no 50.

filip

Tracked this mag down just so's I could have a crack with Manga studio (Heard nowt but good things). For me, it feels more intuitive to draw with a wacom in this than in Illustrator. Admittedly, I'm new to both programs, but this one just feels more natural. The only downside is you can't save your work in this demo.

So if I went out and bought MangaDebut - could I produce decent comics with it? Obviously, I need to apply the talent, but I mean technically speaking, is it realistic? I'm seriously considering purchaisng this for Christmas, and there's no way I can afford Ex 4 at the moment. Advice please fellas?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 05 November, 2009, 04:56:14 PM
So if I went out and bought MangaDebut - could I produce decent comics with it? Obviously, I need to apply the talent, but I mean technically speaking, is it realistic? I'm seriously considering purchaisng this for Christmas, and there's no way I can afford Ex 4 at the moment. Advice please fellas?

I've just done five pages for Dogbreath entirely in Debut, with no complaints at all, and you're waaay better at this than I am, so I reckon you'll be fine.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

SuperSurfer

I never could paint properly in the real world, but here is some experimenting on the computer.

uncle fester

Nice! Love the colours and shine effect you've got going on there. Excellent

mygrimmbrother

Beautiful Supes, really nice painterly effects going on there. This is the kinda thing I want to be turning out, but haven't cracked it yet!

Kerrin

That's come out really well SS. What did you do it with?

SuperSurfer

Thanks Uncle F, Grimm and Kerrin. Always good to have feedback.

Quote from: Kerrin on 06 November, 2009, 02:40:32 PM
What did you do it with?
All done in Photoshop. Again, started life as a 15 minuter. Inadvertently deleted an in between stage. Wasn't happy with it so thought I would work it up. Then chucked a Photoshop filter at it ("cheat!") and carried on painting over that. 

wild-seven

SuperSurfer: I'm in awe Sir!
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

IAMTHESYSTEM

Manga 4.0 is probably the best (and cheapest) Digital software available so tell Santa you've been good.

Super painting SuperSurfer!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

mygrimmbrother

Cheers IAMTHESYSTEM. Bloomin' lovin' your recent quick dredd, if I can manage someting half as stylish when I get me hands on Manga, I'll be happy.

This one went waaaaaay over the 15 minute mark, so i'll stick it here. Inspired by Supersurfer's recent masterful dreddhead:

SuperSurfer

That's a great Dredd there mygrimmbrother. I like the way you have a distinctive style which still shows even though you've experimented with technique.