Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

Two good 'uns Peter Wolf and mygrimmbrother.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Bolt-01

Two recent doodles, only just got round to scannig them before they go in the comics pot:

'Ol Lob himself.

I doodled this after seeing the Tharg head on the 3a thread- I just love drawing Tharg these days.

Dark Jimbo

You're right Bolt, it's great fun! Here's my craptacular sideburned Tharg (slow day at work) -

@jamesfeistdraws

Ryan Thomason

I'm in the mood for posting something silly.

job done!

Bolt-01

quite enjoying working on Lobster Random this week.

Kerrin

Nice action pose Bolt.

That strip's cool Shetland, have you got a blog or something with other stuff?

Ryan Thomason

Cheers Kerrin, there's far too much of that stuff over at http://www.tezoarillustration.com/.

(just fixed my profile to show that as well, ta for the heads up)

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 19 February, 2010, 09:32:50 PM

quite enjoying working on Lobster Random this week.

This looks a bit different to your usual style and i like it.It looks very spontaneous and has a lot of energy and movement in it.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

staticgirl

That's ace. If I could remember what his helmet looked like for 30 seconds I would have a go at that...

James

These were all done on Chatroulette, after getting bored seeing penises (penii). Great fun actually, I linked camera software to capture a portion of my desktop and did them all in photoshop, with a 'CAN I DRAW YOU?' message.

Mike Gloady

Wasn't feeling great earlier in the week and decided to doodle another ABCer - this is the line art of my new avatar.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Kerrin

James man, they're all cool. Beautiful economy of linework.

And that Mek-quake is class Mike, is it done in sketchup?

Mike Gloady

No, although I DID try that, which looking at it helped to nail the neck MASSIVELY.  Looked too clean (oddly something I strove for after abandoning the sketch-up approach).

It was too much trouble using the model as pencils, so I printed it out and attempted it freehand - startiing with very very sketchy pencils.  Took too long to get to that version, but I wasn't feeling very well and mostly unable to move so at least it was diverting.  Maybe one day I'll get good and/or quicker.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Colin YNWA

James there's something very David Mazzucchelli circa Born Again about those. I think its the inking/line work? Very very good.

mygrimmbrother

James, what a great idea and it's paid off in spades. Lovely loose lines, full of character and life.