Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flip-r mk2

Brilliant work one and all .

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Noisybast

Looks very Kev Walker that, Dan. Good stuff!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Noisybast

Just found these old doodles from my days as a call centre phone pleb:

Some sort of unpleasant fly demon thing. Not sure where that came from.

Sub-Kirby cosmic vista. Note the Tipp-ex stars and highlighter colouring. Locally sourced art supplies care of the stationery cupboard!

Ex-BT customers would ring me all day, every day, complaining that their old BT email address was no longer working. As a phone peasant for a totally different ISP, this got old quite quickly.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

SuperSurfer

My warm up for the Secret Project, innit:

SuperSurfer

And my WIP which I had to abandon due to lack of time and go with a rough in the end. Oh well.

I sketched Wulf holding his happy stick, but started erasing it as it looked like der happystick.

Hopefully I can finish it off soon.

Kerrin

That is looking aces Surfdude.

SuperSurfer

JayzusB.Christ

I've been commissioned quite a few caricatures over the years, but always had to do them slowly and methodically. Here's my first attempts at speeding up, done in the pub today in place of my Sunday afternoon crossword. So here's Johnny Depp, Christina Aguilera, Brad Pitt (who has to lose an eye to avoid looking like Marty Feldman) and Hector O Heochagain (not famous outside Ireland, but maybe some fellow spud-munchers might recognise him).
Still have a long way to go in terms of quality of line, tone, fuckin' noses and mouths. And can anyone suggest a way of not letting all your caricatures end up boss-eyed?

EDIT: They're a bit bigger than i expected, sorry! They're about a third of the size in reality

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

maryanddavid

Pretty good Jayzus, Pitt and Hector are very well done.

David

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks, David. Like I say, they'e only my first proper attempts- I have a long way to go, but i'll keep at it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Mardroid

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 17 October, 2010, 08:54:58 PM
Still have a long way to go in terms of quality of line, tone, fuckin' noses and mouths. And can anyone suggest a way of not letting all your caricatures end up boss-eyed?

They're all decent. I have difficulty getting eyes to look right (they tend to look flat somehow), I usually find lesser is better for comic eyes. The detailed eyes you've depicted here look good though.

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks, Mardroid. I just bought myself a decent marker so i'll be working on making the lines more fluid.

Mardroid

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 October, 2010, 05:02:56 PM
Thanks, Mardroid. I just bought myself a decent marker so i'll be working on making the lines more fluid.

Don't get me wrong! Maybe I phrased that wrong. I was just saying that I thought the eyes in your drawings were particularly good and that that's a particular feature I have difficulty with. (I.e. it wasn't a criticism of your drawings at all.)

Woolly

Woah! Massive thread update since i last looked! Awesome-o!

Jayzus - those charicatures are sweet as a nut  :)
Is the last one Rod Hull?  ;)

Kerrin

Quote from: Woolly on 18 October, 2010, 06:09:24 PMIs the last one Rod Hull?  ;)

Narf!

Those are class Jayzus. The Brad Pitt one is spot on, (apart from the wonky eye of course). I'm always impressed by people who can do caricatures, drawing a recognisable representation of a real person isn't at all easy. Love to see some more.