Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks for the kind words, all.

And don't worry, Mardroid; I took your comment as it was intended - my comment about the marker was just a bit of additional information, nothing to do with your post.
(that said, even if it had been constructive criticism, I wouldn't have minded.)

I'll try and post a few more as soon as I get the hang of drawing with the marker.

Rod Hull!  :lol:

It's this dude, generally known only as Hector, the man who somehow single- handedly made Irish language TV worth watching. Is Tommy Tiernan the stand-up well-known in Britain? (If not, he was the depressed priest in Father Ted who cheers up while listening to Shaft.) Hector here's his best mate, anyway. Actually, he may well look like Rod Hull in a few years (though not Rod hull as he is now, hopefully.)

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Woolly

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 19 October, 2010, 02:52:08 PM
Rod Hull!  :lol:

It's this dude, generally known only as Hector, the man who somehow single- handedly made Irish language TV worth watching. Is Tommy Tiernan the stand-up well-known in Britain? (If not, he was the depressed priest in Father Ted who cheers up while listening to Shaft.) Hector here's his best mate, anyway. Actually, he may well look like Rod Hull in a few years (though not Rod hull as he is now, hopefully.)

I have to admit, Emu's replacement looks a bit of an odd choice...
;)

Mardroid

Heh. Rod and Emu, the foetal days.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Have ye ever heard The Tommy and Hector Radio Show? Some great stuff. They were doing this phone-in bit where they were asking people about the best day of their lives. This Cork cultchie rang up, his accent was practically indecipherable. He claimed the best day of his life was the day he took his son to the dump.
You may quote me on that.

Noisybast

I'm going to see Tommy Tiernan in Manchester on Saturday. Synchronicity in action or what? :)
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteHave ye ever heard The Tommy and Hector Radio Show? Some great stuff.

Never actually got round to listening, though I've heard good things. They come from Navan, just down the road from where i'm from, so the accent for me is funny in itself.
Hector was a part of Tommy's stand-up act long before anyone knew who he was - 'Hectaw! Ahhre yeh comin' down the shoppin' centaw? For the shnee-aw?'

Did this at work. I didn't add the intakes and rear spoiler to this 1.4 litre front-wheel drive fiesta, some spide stuck them on before I drew it

JayzusB.Christ

Nice little motah, me old mucker.

staticgirl

I'm on a historical tip, doodle-wise, at the moment.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Those are doodles? :o

Really good particularly the Eskimos and Mammoth which is excellent.

My only gripe would be the Celtic looking sword lady seems to have a leopard skin bandana which puts her in the 1980's! Still it is a rough sketch so if Leopard skinned Bandanas are your thing then slap it on that forehead.

She looks great with very well drawn face and lovely get ready for action pose.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

staticgirl

Doesn't come out well in the photo does it. :D :D Leopard skin bandanas were all the rage in that woman's world. She started Celtic then became Roman then kind of changed again.

Here's some stuff I did:

[
[

chilipenguin

My first ever attempt to use a graphics tablet. God it's tricky.

staticgirl

That's very good for yr first try!! I drew a chicken on my first go after 6months of colouring only, to get used to the way it felt.