Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Quote from: Woolly on 31 May, 2012, 09:26:23 PM
Jon, the prog beckons...  :o

This is a current early sketch of Drake Tempest, a demon-hunting character i'm currently attempting to co-write a comic for.

Woolly, at the risk of starting some sort of weird, uncomfortable mutual appreciation club; likewise*. That's beautiful! I like the more finished piece on the other thread too (but I'll just post the once to keep the man** love down  ;))

*I mean it's down to Tharg really, and he's proven hard to please so far, but you get the general sentiment.

**Possibly a dreadful assumption on my part. :o

NeilFord

My wee lassie Boo and I made a monster the other day, great fun. :)

locustsofdeath!

Yikes, two days without looking at this thread and there's almost too much to take in!

Wonderful stuff, guys.

Woolly

A sketch of Ukko, based on a reconstruction of a neanderthal face..

Quote from: Jon on 31 May, 2012, 10:06:30 PM
Woolly, at the risk of starting some sort of weird, uncomfortable mutual appreciation club; likewise*. That's beautiful! I like the more finished piece on the other thread too (but I'll just post the once to keep the man** love down  ;))

Kind words, especially about the man-love ;)

NeilFord - That is the stuff of nightmares! Superb!

staticgirl

Jon

Some more "bored at work" scribbles from Friday.

SKD

Neil - Wonderful
Woolly - Excellent
Jon - Outstanding

You all make me sick. ;) Far too talented.

Stew.

staticgirl

I've been to British Museum today and did some sketching. Looks like an alien. Was actually a neolithic clay figurine from Serbia (if you can't read my scribble)

A pretty lady from Greece captured in terracotta.

From an iron age cauldron - the drawing is wonky but I think it adds character.

NeilFord

I love the twist in Mean's spine Jon, cracking sketches.

Wooly and staticgirl - interesting that you've both done super art that's been inspired by antiquity/archeology -  I have a pal doing an artist's residency on some archelogical sites, it's fascinating stuff.

SKD

Great sketches staticgirl. :thumbsup: I really like the face from the iron age cauldron, the wonkyness gives it a slight Mignola feel.

Stew.

SuperSurfer

I haven't stopped by here for ages. Amazing stuff. Cool museum drawings Staticgirl. I used to go to museums to draw years ago.

Took a snap of this Dredd head. I didn't post it in the 15 min thread as I doubt it even took 2 mins. Not sure about the Hipstamatic effect but what the heck.

staticgirl

That's got so much life in it!

Neil - I am jealous of your friend.

SKD - It looks like it is looking round to talk to me. Which is a bit creepy.

Phuz

Couple of digitally enhanced sketchbook pages...

DoomBot

Doodled this in Manga Studio then slapped a bit colour on in Photoshop