Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Hawkmumbler

Bernice Summerfield sketches. Plus a Rutan.

SuperSurfer

Finding drawing damn hard these days. The little amount I used to do would be squeezed into evenings/nights but for reasons I won't go into that isn't possible for last few months. 

I tried to get something in for the June art comp. I gave up then kept on opening the file and messing about with it. I was going to enter: the guy with the two storey brain, the guy with the high rise head: Abelard Snazz.

Mardroid

Great work.

Seeing the upper half of that guy's face makes my eyes go funny. It did in the original Moore strip and it does in your work.

Quite a strange sensation!

Hawkmumbler

Very well captured as, as Mardroid said, if captured correctly it induces an odd sensation. My eye's can't focus on either set of eye's though I can tell they are both there.

Colin YNWA

Damn shame that didn't make the comp Supersurfer. I'd have found a place for it that's for sure.

SuperSurfer

Thanks guys.

Was a real pain as I tried to print it in blue line for inking but my printer was smudging ink. I attempted to ink it with a brush pen but it clogged up making it difficult to get a thin line. (By the time it's rinsed out half an ink refill is wasted.)  So I gave up and re-inked it on the computer after giving up on the comp.

johnnystress

not very busy in work today

JTurner

Been months since I've posted here. Ages ago I started working on this Mega City One pixel art piece, then I got a load of other work piled onto me. Finally got around to working on it again this week. Not finished yet, but close...

Dog Deever

Scribbled up this while watching some shite on TV last night...
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: JTurner on 18 July, 2013, 10:21:00 PM
Been months since I've posted here. Ages ago I started working on this Mega City One pixel art piece, then I got a load of other work piled onto me. Finally got around to working on it again this week. Not finished yet, but close...

That's feckin' fantastic. Reminds me of this:

Stu101

Quote from: JTurner on 18 July, 2013, 10:21:00 PM

That is wicked, how I long for a computer game with all that MC1 craziness going on.

Daveycandlish

From my new comic strip Cushing & Sons - Monster Hunter!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Colin YNWA

Wow that's cool. You channeling Paul Grist there Davey.