Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Every now and again I get the overwhelming urge to have a crack at a dragon, though the dragon generally wins.

I blame Larry Elmore.

Jon

Took twenty minutes out to start on a commission piece for a friend. This is for his wedding invitation.

Wouldn't be my first choice... fun though maybe not progressive...;)

mimikeke

wow. I thought I was going against the grain in painting in a tiny little Dredd badge in my invitation. This definitely takes the cake :)

I like that it feels a bit pulpy, you should desat the background and really push the red dress :)

Jon

Sadly the feedback is that they want green fire in the background. I suppose it's a Hammer kind of look they're going for.

The Enigmatic Dr X

That's frigging outrageous and stupid. Where's the tradition?

Think of her parents, think of her friends. She will have to live with that invite forever, you know.

How will she be able to hold her head up? The shame, the whispers behind hands, the furtive looks.

You are doing that, Jon. You are part of her misery.

The dress should be white
Lock up your spoons!

Jon

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 04 April, 2014, 08:42:03 AM
That's frigging outrageous and stupid. Where's the tradition?

Think of her parents, think of her friends. She will have to live with that invite forever, you know.

How will she be able to hold her head up? The shame, the whispers behind hands, the furtive looks.

You are doing that, Jon. You are part of her misery.

The dress should be white

:)

It may well be yet.

Jon

Yeah, it changed a bit...

Fungus

Quote from: Jon on 04 April, 2014, 11:18:10 AM
Yeah, it changed a bit...

Keep the swimming goggles.
They scream 'diving off the deep end'.

JayzusB.Christ

Love it.  Your mate obviously got the steampunk bug somewhere between your first and second attempts.  They're both great though
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Jon

Heh, thanks. Well it's the guy who makes Professor Elemental's videos for him, so he's a bit steampunk. A dapper steampunk werewolf were his exact words....:)

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Albion

A 15 minute Dredd sketch.
My first go at using the Wacom Bamboo Paper app and stylus on the iPad.

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

johnnystress

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

mimikeke

Hello peeps, been busy but I just got into the IDW Rogue comics and got super hooked, it's a shame they aren't going to make any more since IMO they're a lot better written than the main IDW Dredd line!!!

The only thing is it seems like Rogue is drawn inconsistently between the cover/interior artists, I'm quite confused about what his equipment looks like...pretty sure Bagman is a ninja turtle shell.

As usual I only draw retarded things like group naptime, I'm really sorry.