Main Menu

POPTIMISM, Friday 26th June in London

Started by Al_Ewing, 24 June, 2009, 09:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Ewing

http://freakytrigger.co.uk/poptimism/

If you're living in London, you have no reason not to attend Poptimism, at the Horse Bar in Lambeth (124 Westmisnter Bridge Road), 7 'till Late, this Friday 26th June. Listen to Pop, dance to Pop, drink Pop (also Beer, Spirits). Occasionally a hangout for 2000AD alumni and other comics people - not sure that'll happen this time, but I'll be on the decks for a micro-set as DJ Christ so there will be some novelty value for the musically discerning Squaxx.

NOW ALL DANCE.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

wrly_bird

That sounds cool, but I can't make this Friday. Be sure to post again if you know of any London-based comics people meet-ups/piss-ups in the future.
Have a great night, Al.
Cheers.

House of Usher

Oh! It turns out I'm staying just round the corner in Lambeth Road this Friday, so it's not entirely out of the question that the missus and I might pop into the Horse between 7 and 10pm. That is, if we get our act together early enough, and if I'm allowed to introduce a slight detour into our plans for the evening! Here's hoping, anyway.
STRIKE !!!

zombemybabynow

Will try to pop in for a quick couple after work
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

zombemybabynow

House of Usher

Ugh. That'd be certain to send me on my way. Imagine going out to a pop disco and all they played all night was Michael Jackson because every DJ on the play bill thought it was incumbent upon them to pay a personal tribute. The horror!
STRIKE !!!

Al_Ewing

I think you can definitely expect a couple of Jackson songs, but it won't be a tidal wave. You'd be in much more Jackson-related trouble going to any pub with a jukebox in it.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

zombemybabynow

in a cab texting. Getting your asses down to london. Excellent night. Excellent boogie and such lovely people

House of Usher

I did make it to the Horse for an hour last night! Not much of a detour as it happens; it's cunningly located opposite the Costcutter we were bound to visit to get milk in store for a morning cup of tea in any case. It was a nice crowd there, and for me it made a nice start to a night out clubbing in Vauxhall. I was lucky enough to meet zombemybabynow and Al, see everyone pissed before 10 o'clock, and get on the dance floor for Al's groan-inducing signature tune (great fun!). Al's got some kick-ass dance moves. Defies description, but impressive to see. One of the DJs played too much chart-friendly '80s girl hip-hop for my liking, but 'Ready to Go' by Republica rescued it for me. It was nice to hear 'Groovejet' on my way out, too. Deborah and I were very glad we popped in. Thanks, Joel, for the variant cover Batman Detective comic!
STRIKE !!!