Main Menu

Meg 291 - Hang 'em high

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 05 November, 2009, 05:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

staticgirl

I've been enjoying the Meg - having come to it after a break of many years. I used to love Tank Girl in Deadline but fell out of love with her when Hewlett and Martin temporarily grew her hair long and called her Rebecca during the rave era. I like Dayglo's art a lot - he has the spirit dead-on without being a slavish Hewlett copier. I just don't like that style of writing any more.

I don't think there's another strip I haven't liked in the last few months. I liked the Darren D'ead strip for the bitchy dialogue and the fact that there was a woman in it as opposed to a girl with huge tits. If you fancy boys the GWHTs can get a bit boring. I want some new man-candy please to balance it out.

Armitage I liked but the art is rushed. I know Cooper can do excellent art so I'm sad he isn't really exploiting Photoshop a bit more to enhance rather than detract from his work.  I like Canon Fodder - it was funny and surprisingly sad too and I can just about remember it from long ago...Generally I am liking the reprints as a way to remind me of some past goodies and also why I don't normally like fully painted artwork - doesn't seem to reproduce that well or at least it didn't in the early 90s.

I also can't be arsed with the film reviews. It seems out of place. I get film reviews in my newspapers, online and in SFX. So why not have something a bit more unusual like comics reviews or genre novels? Much more valuable to me.

The interviews I have enjoyed, every one of them. I don't mind them continuing as long as they don't run out of interesting people to interview.