Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robo-K33F

Press Release

16 November 2009

Fans of 2000 AD everywhere get set to rejoice, as 3A Toys are proud to announce their licensing agreement with Rebellion for a range of brand new 2000 AD action figures. Many characters from the pages of the galaxy's greatest comic, from Judge Dredd to the A.B.C. Warriors and beyond are set to be made as 1/6th scale, fully-articulated works of art.

Ashley Wood,  CEO 3A Toys said "2000 AD and the worlds within its pages was inspirational in igniting the dream of becoming a comic artist for me, which lead to my first professional comic job, illustrating a Dredd Story for the Megazine. It feels very gratifying and exciting to revisit this universe now with toys."

Jason Kingsley, COE of the Rebellion Group, home of 2000 AD said: "We're really looking forward to seeing what Ashley's company comes up with.  I need more high quality action figures for my office."

Coming soon in 2010; the toy line that all 2000 AD fans have been waiting for.

More about 3A

3A Toys was formed as a partnership between internationally acclaimed artist Ashley Wood and leading designer toy maker ThreeZero in 2008. 3A Toys is home to the hit toy line World War Robot, Metal Gear Solid and Todd McFarlane's Spawn. 3A is located in the Kowloon district of Hong Kong.

For more info email info@threeaonline or visit our website at: www.threeaonline.com

Mike Gloady

HURRAY!

I shall of course have to get them all.  Pathetic fanboy that I am.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Kerrin

I think that noise was Commando Forces' head detonating.

Mike Gloady

The Spawn & MGS stuff is really nicely done, so I'll look forward to seeing this.  Looks like CF will have to burrow himself a cellar extension.....
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

vzzbux

Quote from: Kerrin on 16 November, 2009, 01:39:44 PM
I think that noise was Commando Forces' head detonating.

Yeh I think I heard that all the way here in Sunny Leicester.

I know that I will be indulging myself with these. How about some prelim piccys. Must be some concept art about.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Grant Goggans

Could this, at last, be the line that gets it right?

Dunk!

"Trust we"

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm off to get the flags out. Back shortly!

COMMANDO FORCES

Well I've managed to get the flags out and yes I'm such a fan of Dredd I've had my eyes replaced with Bionic ones ;)

I'm going to have to sit down to take all this in, having looked at their site I'm wondering what sort of prices we are looking at '1/6th scale, fully-articulated works of art.' doesn't sound cheap.
It won't bother some but the sales will depend on the price. Are they going for the more mature readers, who have a lot of disposable income or will the price reflect what the average fan can pay.
Anyway back to the flags.......

Mangamax

1/6th scale, fully articulated ain't gonna come cheap. Especially if the Ashley Wood Big Boy robot range are anything to go by.
Still, good nes all the same, and about time too.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Mikey

Fuck yeah!

I don't give a shit hw much they cost - this shold be some quality collectible!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

COMMANDO FORCES

It's okay for us with our 2000AD funds but if they don't sell, just like all the previous models they will soon dry up.
I hate to be the doomsayer (I'll buy no matter what the price, as if you didn't know that) but the prices are the killer no matter how good the product is.

The Monarch

I want my winwood and cord!

(hey I got canon fodder reprinted anything can happen right?)

SmallBlueThing

The cynical part of me expects this series to run to yet another Dredd, a Judge Death, maybe an Anderson... and then no more.

Personally, I demand Nemesis, Shakara, Sinister and Dexter, and Gene The Hackman. All of which come with a "build a figure" piece, that makes up Bonjo From Beyond The Stars. Or Godpleton.

SBT