Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flip-r mk2

Being a cack handed bugger, I've managed to snap a hand peg on both Fear and Mortis :(  Bought myself some 2.2mm x 6mm pozi pan self tapping screws off ebay and they're back in action :)

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

lincnash

Innovative little repair there  :).
Mortis' posts snapped clean at the ball for me, repaired with glue.
I honestly believe Mortis and Fear were a FRIDAY build. ;)
The QC problems can be annoying when they have 6-8 months from payment to get it right.

3A have always released heavily weathered items, I've read they built their rep on it.
So I don't think we will get an "Academy fresh" Dredd, Giant or street Judge soon.
MEZCO have released a few "clean" Dredd's including the boot-knife, so 3A won't.

Totally agree that 2000AD history should be followed in each release.
1/12 Apocalypse Dredd is looking good but the 1/6 is not for me.
If the scheme was more accurate to the 2000AD era its based on, maybe.

I don't believe the "Squaxx like us" hype, 3A is a Corporation created to make Groats.
If it was true the figures would be $20 after showing your Sub's #   ::).
So "we're small, accept our short-comings" doesn't cut it with me.
The passionate people there just get the bonus of creating 2000AD figures.

The quote from Gestapo Bob Harris goes well here.
There is NO Justice
There is just US.

BPP

As 3A have said the Alpha, Ro-Jaws and Satanus are all pushed back for unfeasible costs / low sales estimates it puts in perspective the constant negativity and outright false groundless suppositions of certain folk here.

Well done.

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

ming

Quote from: BPP on 14 March, 2017, 10:34:00 AM
As 3A have said the Alpha, Ro-Jaws and Satanus are all pushed back for unfeasible costs / low sales estimates it puts in perspective the constant negativity and outright false groundless suppositions of certain folk here.

Well done.

:(

SIP

Well done.

Are the people you are referring to the very same people who have bought most/all of what 3a have released?

Surely it's the people who aren't buying and commenting on what they have bought that are the issue?

TheTooN

Whilst I disagree with the weathering argument, I fully respect the rights of customers to have an opinion. I dont believe negative posts/comments would stop a company making and selling product if it was still profitable.

Alpha and Ro-Jaws are on hold while 3A try to get production costs down to an acceptable level. Atm they would need a $130 RRP which is definitely on the high side for 1:12th but If the numbers dont work, they cant make them, just like anything else. I'm sad to hear the news but 1 + 1 = 2. Hopefully savings can be found and its just a delay.

I believe Satanus was a non starter from the reception of the fans. I cant recall many positive comments other than the initial 'cool !! its a freakin 20000ad Dinosaur'. I'd love to buy a 1:12th Satanus but I really didnt like the look of the proto at all. I'm all for supporting the line but $320 on something I didnt like was a stretch. I think 3A were sensible putting that one on hold or cancelling it altogether, cant see 1000 folks paying $320, the stated break even point.

I've noticed 3A are putting up Dredd/Lawmaster reviews on their FB page atm which makes me wonder how many unsold units might be sat on shelves even now 3 months down the line. Hopefully not enough to scupper future plans but who knows. And yeah I know thats groundless too but I'm a worrier.

BPP

Quote from: SIP on 14 March, 2017, 11:38:48 AM

Well done.

Are the people you are referring to the very same people who have bought most/all of what 3a have released?

Surely it's the people who aren't buying and commenting on what they have bought that are the issue?

There is a line between buying something / seeking support if there is a flaw and buying something and constantly complaining that its not X,Y or Z. Likewise making up false rumours about the company, using discussion to heavily favour another firms products, snipe at the ethos and endeavours of the company and generally approaching with an entitled apathetic attitude that does nothing to foster and generate support for the one quality line of 2000AD figures that only exists because the helm of the company is a total 2000AD fan, and ex droid, whose commitment to 2000AD merch far outstrips anyone bemoaning here.

You wont know what you had till its gone.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Dash Decent

Does that mean the new Tharg design is still on the cards?  It seems a little odd that something that has been out before might beat something that hasn't, but I suppose Johnny Alpha comes with lots of extra bits of kit and armour etc that all price him off the market.

I never saw the point in the Satanus figure.  Despite his place in 2000AD, there's not a lot to differentiate him from any other T Rex.  It's too easy to find a substitute.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Mikey

As 3A have said the Alpha, Ro-Jaws and Satanus are all pushed back for unfeasible costs / low sales estimates

Ah sneck, knickers and raargh! Damn shame to hear that, but understandable. Alpha looked the business, even as a proto and the dream of a 1/6 must be further off now than ever, dagnabbit!

QuoteI've noticed 3A are putting up Dredd/Lawmaster reviews on their FB page atm which makes me wonder how many unsold units might be sat on shelves

Is that not to help promote them being available from a lot of retailers now? And as far as stuff sitting on shelves - speaking to Gregory at the 40th bash, I know that the black and white 'comic book' Dredd and Lawmaster set sales were relatively low. As they pretty much make to order maybe not as many as you think would be waiting for a home.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Dash Decent

They can't stop until I've got a Rogue Trooper toy figure.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Mikey

Much as I would like to have All The Figures, a (preferably) 1/6 Rogue is near enough at the top of the list. He would go so well with the WWR stuff as well as being a pretty nifty standalone figure. I'd like it especially if a Nort or Souther could be released too. In a three pack.  :D

I'll be happy with 1/12 if it happens for the same reasons!

TheTooN

1:12th Tharg PO is up next, Fire to follow. 1:6th Anderson late year. Apocalypse War Dredd 1:12th tba to suit schedule. No other figures confirmed at this time. 1:12th Anderson will come after the 1:6th but no details when.

I look at that and worry, as I tend to do. What will actually find its way into our grubby mitts in 2017 ?
1:6th Dredd, 1:12th Tharg, Fire ? maybe but unlikely. That could be it for the year, only 1 1:12th release. Read into that what you will, I'll not say anything that could be misconstrued other than I worry.

I completely agree with BPP in that we wont know what we had until its gone. Support is more than just a big wallet and I've been guilty of thoughtless, negative posts in the past. If you consider that 2000ad is an indulgence from a fan/owner (as BPP mentions) rather than 'just another revenue stream' it makes you wonder. Criticism from other 'fans' may play a significant part.

Sorry for the football analogy but its dear to my heart ;) Mike Ashley was happy to put 10 million a year into Newcastle Utd....while it was fun. When the fan's criticism of his policies became 'too much' he thought bollocks ! and gave up. (He appears to have had a change of heart thankfully)

If 3A keep reading negative comments where is the fun ? If it aint fun and it aint for the money then why do it ?

I hope its to help the retailers Mikey, hopefully I just worry too much.

Mikey

Quote from: TheTooN on 14 March, 2017, 01:42:21 PM
I hope its to help the retailers Mikey, hopefully I just worry too much.

I'm saying that as I think for those reviews retailers have been mentioned, could have picked it up wrong though.

TheTooN

your right, BBTS on one of them for sure, cant remember on the others. Nice to watch positive reviews, what you'd expect from 3A's page naturally but still nice to see its well received.

SIP

Is the assertion here that 3A produces these figures at a loss? That they are in it for the love alone. I would question that, maybe the margins are lower but I would bet they would only pull the line if they either were not making a profit or whether they could be making a greater profit with another product.