Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krakajac

As long as they keep making 1/6th scale figures, I'll keep buying.  Everything is relative - I still can't believe I can look up at my shelves in 2017 and see - Mongrol, Tharg and Ro-Jaws in 1/6th scale - and with Dredd on the way.  Pretty amazing when you consider we went years (nay, decades) without this kind of awesomeness.  I'm happy for what we have!

PS - if you're listening Gregory - I still reckon you need to throw a 'RICO' badge in with the Dredd 1/6th scale figures.  Instant variant figure!  :)

SIP

Quote from: TheTooN on 15 March, 2017, 10:17:06 AM
Copy n paste from Gregory over on the 3A forum this morning, I assume in response to yesterdays discussion in here.

"BTW nothing is canceled (except Satanus  :'(  ), we are actively making 2000AD figures and will continue to as long as 2000AD will have us. Ash and I want to make all the characters we can. It's a total joy and passion project for us and it's a total privilege to make them happen. Can expect at least one release per quarter which keeps momentum going and then when we can discuss the line up for 2018 we will"

Great to hear 3A are not thinking about dropping 2000ad any time soon.

That's great news. Really pleased that the line continues and I will certainly continue to support them. It's also heartening that they may be reading peoples comments and that will hopefully help address some of the durability issues.

Dash Decent

Quote from: SIP on 15 March, 2017, 06:50:26 AM
Unfortunately there just aren't enough middle aged men prepared to pay a high price for 2000ad action figures.

Middle aged?!  Splutter!  MIDDLE AGED?!  How very dare you?

I've got, ooh, minutes left before I reach that level of decrepitude.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: TheTooN on 15 March, 2017, 10:17:06 AM
Copy n paste from Gregory over on the 3A forum this morning, I assume in response to yesterdays discussion in here.

"BTW nothing is canceled (except Satanus  :'(  ), we are actively making 2000AD figures and will continue to as long as 2000AD will have us. Ash and I want to make all the characters we can. It's a total joy and passion project for us and it's a total privilege to make them happen. Can expect at least one release per quarter which keeps momentum going and then when we can discuss the line up for 2018 we will"

Excellent news!  I look forward to supporting this line.

I think for 2018 they should adopt an alphabetical approach.  Show of hands, how many of you want an Aaron A Aardvark figure?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Albion

Great news. i love 'em, bring on more 2000AD 3A.

Look at all this positivity on here.  :)
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

dweezil2

Glad the doom mongering has been rebuffed, can't wait to see what 3A has lined up in 2017 and into the future!  :)   
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Andy_Lee

[/quote]

I think for 2018 they should adopt an alphabetical approach.  Show of hands, how many of you want an Aaron A Aardvark figure?
[/quote]

Fingers crosses for Aaron. I liked that gag so much I bought the original page.

TheTooN

Aaron A Aardvark !! Instant recognition despite not having read that prog in decades. 1st man in the MC1 phonebook or whatever they used. I cant remember what he looked like though.

I'd go for Artie Gruber for the letter A :) 3A would do a great job on him.

TheTooN

Quote from: sheridan on 11 March, 2017, 12:06:48 PM
Quote from: TheTooN on 10 March, 2017, 06:20:43 PM
I've since tried to handle my other 2 Dredds only on the suit or helmet but its not easy when your re-posing.
Wasn't that an eighties / nineties sitcom?

I had to ask my missus what the TV show was called and now I get it. My two Dads/Dredds ! I'm a slow burner at times  :lol:

sheridan

Quote from: TheTooN on 16 March, 2017, 09:04:01 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 11 March, 2017, 12:06:48 PM
Quote from: TheTooN on 10 March, 2017, 06:20:43 PM
I've since tried to handle my other 2 Dredds only on the suit or helmet but its not easy when your re-posing.
Wasn't that an eighties / nineties sitcom?

I had to ask my missus what the TV show was called and now I get it. My two Dads/Dredds ! I'm a slow burner at times  :lol:

And if you think you recognise the guy on the right - he's the corporate suit from Aliens!

sheridan

Quote from: Dash Decent on 16 March, 2017, 02:27:13 AM

Bundle in Big Meg from this month's megazine as well ;)

Rara Avis

This is quite a large thread and I've just gone a few pages back so apologies if this has already been addressed.

I'm not much of a collector of the figures but I would love a Nemesis. What is the history and future of this figure? Has he been done before? Is he currently available for sale? Will he be at a future date?

I did look (briefly) on one of the links posted here previously but found nothing.

ming

Quote from: Rara Avis on 17 March, 2017, 02:37:56 PM
This is quite a large thread and I've just gone a few pages back so apologies if this has already been addressed.

I'm not much of a collector of the figures but I would love a Nemesis. What is the history and future of this figure? Has he been done before? Is he currently available for sale? Will he be at a future date?

I did look (briefly) on one of the links posted here previously but found nothing.

Nemesis hasn't been done yet.  A figure was on the cards (mentioned as one of the 'Wave One' of 1/12 figures I think) but nothing's been heard for a couple of years now.  I think balancing issues (i.e. getting the cloven-hoofed one to stand up properly) might have been problematical but hopefully he'll emerge at some point - would be absolutely fantastic to see a 3A take on everybody's favourite Warlock...

BPP

There was a small Nemesis figure produced by Unbox Industries several years ago. It came in various editions (colours) and was sold briefly by Rebellion on this site.

http://www.djfood.org/pete-fowlers-nemesis-figure-from-unbox-industries/

ThreeA initially included a mention of Nemesis when they 'relaunched' the 1/12 line as one of six figures they were going to produce. However since then there has been no mention and it clearly isn't in the works in the near future. Should the line continue you might hope there would be a nemesis as (1) it was something they once mentioned (2) its part of the 2000AD era they are focused on.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

ming

Quote from: BPP on 17 March, 2017, 02:45:11 PMShould the line continue you might hope there would be a nemesis as (1) it was something they once mentioned (2) its part of the 2000AD era they are focused on.

I'd be very, very happy to see a 3A Nemesis so hopefully they can iron the kinks out.  Other figures have been mentioned and were obviously in various stages of development only to never see the light of day but as Nemesis is fairly recent I hope there's still a chance he'll make it out there.  I remembered Mean Machine being mentioned very early* on but it many years have passed since then...  There must be so much going on behind the scenes, with sculpts being made and prototypes produced and abandoned for various reasons, and it's easy to forget just how much time and effort goes into these figures.

Ash, back in early 2010: "mean machine is shaping up to be a killer fig.... KILLER !" (quoted from one of my posts on page 14 of this thread)