Main Menu

POPTIMISM End Of Decade Special

Started by Al_Ewing, 02 December, 2009, 07:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Ewing

I'm doing a set at Poptimism this Friday evening at the HORSE BAR on Westminster Bridge Road in London - full details at http://freakytrigger.co.uk/poptimism/

It's an end-of-decade special playing nothing but Noughties. Come and groove to the decade when pop finally ate itself and became stronger and stranger than ever!
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Dog Deever

Will you be playing mixes from Meinhoffs- 'The Rush Hour of Human Misey'? or some Wifebeater tracks?
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

House of Usher

I'm in Lambeth again this weekend dressed as a Russian Nemo/nautiloid submarine captain, with Deborah dressed as an airship flight lieutenant. I'll see what transpires, but I rather think we'll be a while getting ready and have to go straight to clubbing and not have time to pop in.

;D  :-X

(by the way, the decade doesn't end for another 13 months.)
STRIKE !!!

Mike Gloady

Ush beat me to it.  Come on Al, you expected a comic forum to be full of pedants, didn't you?

Hmmmmmmm.  Sounds interesting.  It's on the list for consideration - all depending on how ill I am sadly (having a rough patch).  If the patch has passed, though, I'll be there.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Professor Bear

If we were that pedantic, someone would have pointed out that the end of the decade is two years away in terms of space maths that boffins use.

WoD

Quote from: House of Usher on 02 December, 2009, 10:57:26 PM
I'm in Lambeth again this weekend dressed as a Russian Nemo/nautiloid submarine captain, with Deborah dressed as an airship flight lieutenant. I'll see what transpires, but I rather think we'll be a while getting ready and have to go straight to clubbing and not have time to pop in.

;D  :-X

(by the way, the decade doesn't end for another 13 months.)

What kinky things have you gotten yourself in to Ush...and dragging the lovely Deborah in to your sordid doings too...shame on you!

Al_Ewing

Fair enough. Come to our ONE YEAR BEFORE THE REAL END OF THE DECADE SPECIAL, in which we'll be playing music from the 00's so far plus music from the last year of the previous decade.

As for Wifebeater/Meinhoffs mixes etc. - if it's 00's, it's possible, though from what I know of the other DJs, not probable. But you never know.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Professor Bear

Quote from: Al_Ewing on 03 December, 2009, 03:48:01 PMONE YEAR BEFORE THE REAL END OF THE DECADE SPECIAL, in which we'll be playing music from the 00's so far plus music from the last year of the previous decade.

That's better.

Don't let it happen again.

House of Usher

I am so tired from late night wallpapering and unpaid overtime (and they are just what they are, not code for anything else) that I inadvertently wore my pyjamas to work today, so the prospects for my popping in to Poptimism en route to my end destination for the evening are diminishing. Shame. Most likely I'll arrive in London and flop onto the hotel bed and zonk out the minute I get there, resulting in a frantic dash to get changed and out the door by 11pm when I wake up with a start.

Quote from: WoD on 03 December, 2009, 01:15:49 PM
What kinky things have you gotten yourself in to Ush...and dragging the lovely Deborah in to your sordid doings too...shame on you!

??? :-\ The Panzer Captain and the milkmaid? ©Alexei Sayle
STRIKE !!!

Dog Deever

QuoteAs for Wifebeater...

I can certainly supply you with wave files of such little known D-beat punk classics as 'She Walked Into A Door', 'Where's My Fucking Tea' and 'Look What You Made Me Do' from the 4-track '4 Black Eyes'.

No?
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

House of Usher

Have a great evening, Al. I'll be looking out for it again in February.

For those of us who don't make it this time, any chance of a playlist afterwards, or some of the highlights?
STRIKE !!!