Main Menu

Attempts at the sample scripts

Started by Emperor, 19 January, 2010, 08:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NicoAssirelli

Hi to everyone!
I was reading the sample scripts on the 2000ad website and then I stumbled on this page of the forum!
Lots of great pages and advice!! I gave a try at the "cycle of violence" script:

Cheers from Italy!! :-)

Nico

Bolt-01

pauljholden

Yup, these might be the stork best sample pages I've seen in a while. Only minor quibble is the downshots looking at dredd tend to make him look less imposing than he should be - may be the result of the shot or maybe that he looks a little short. Otherwise, spectacular stuff.

Jim_Campbell

I have to agree. These are some of the most accomplished pages we've seen for a long time. That's not a slam on anyone else's efforts, just an indication of the quality here. If I tried really hard, I could probably add some tiny niggles to PJ's comments, but it would be nit-picking for the sake of it. The overall package is, IMO, comfortably of a publishable standard.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Link Prime

A great first post, Nico!

Lovely pages, I'm getting a hint of Greg Staples off your work for some reason.

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Leigh S

What they all said - I would get that off to Tharg post haste!

NicoAssirelli

Wow, thank you!!! :-D
It's true, thank you Paul! I must exercise more on tricky angles!
I sent the pages yesterday! Fingers crossed! :-)

Fungus

Terrific work Nico, wonderful pages. I got a strong David Lloyd feel from them, myself.

sheridan

I'm seeing Bryan Talbot, but not Bryan Talbot at the same time...

TordelBack

Magnificent work, easily prog-worthy. Especially like the attention given to changes in the lawgiver!

My only suggestion would be that the interiors could be a bit more 22nd century, some futuristic kibble and furnishings about the place.

Old Tankie

mightybren

@NicoAssirelli I love the way you've depicted facial expressions and created a clear emotional mood in each panel. Your sense of visual communication and storytelling is amazing! Amazing work, I feel I can learn a lot just from looking at your work :)

NicoAssirelli

Thank you!!
Thank you TordelBack! You're right, I see it now! Also the exteriors!
Wow, thank you mightybren, I'm flattered!