Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Duncan Jones wants to make a 2000 AD film  (Read 6191 times)

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
Re: Duncan Jones wants to make a 2000 AD film
« Reply #60 on: 20 March, 2017, 07:20:19 pm »
Yeah - if  it grows the readership base then that's a good thing.

I suppose the discussion to have is about the medium. We want good 2000ad stories featuring our favourite characters written by our favourite writers but, the way the world is heading, will comics drawn by your favourite artist be a thing in twenty years?

Are we heading to a world of vidslugs? Where comics - even digital - is a thing of the past? Is 2000ad Blockbuster video in a world of Netflix?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tony Angelino

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 20 March, 2017, 07:46:48 pm »
I'm guessing it will be Ant Wars.

Steve Green

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 20 March, 2017, 08:03:08 pm »
Yeah - if  it grows the readership base then that's a good thing.

I suppose the discussion to have is about the medium. We want good 2000ad stories featuring our favourite characters written by our favourite writers but, the way the world is heading, will comics drawn by your favourite artist be a thing in twenty years?

Are we heading to a world of vidslugs? Where comics - even digital - is a thing of the past? Is 2000ad Blockbuster video in a world of Netflix?

I've no idea - it's possible.

Books have survived all sorts of media competing for time and money, so who knows.

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 20 March, 2017, 08:21:37 pm »

I'd say Big Dave.  And the main character will be considered by everyone a normal, upstanding member of society who may well have a glittering political career ahead of him.
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 20 March, 2017, 08:52:14 pm »

Well if the chap has any taste it will.

As for films of comics, and specifically 2000ad, its fun, its nice and yeah defo it takes nothing from the comics. If they can help the comics sustain and grow all the better. The thing is though they are all about compromise and fitting great stories into a different media and that rarely works for me.

The Dredd film is great fn and a very good movie. By necessity it couldn't have the range and scope of the comics. It was a great compromised effort. Takes nothing away from the folks who love it and I really enjoy, but is it as good as reading  2 hours of the best (or even good) Dredd.

No.