Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christov

Damn bloody right.

Cameron is Murdoch's puppet. Along with ripping the BBC to pieces,he'll relax OfCom so SKY can charge far more for their services and allow for more blatantly biased media. Basically, we'll end up with a television equivalent of The Daily Mail, or at the very least the Telegraph.

By the way, for anybody still thinking the Conservatives will usher in a new 'golden age', take a look at this: http://johannhari.com//2010/05/05/welcome-to-cameron-land

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 05 May, 2010, 02:06:41 PM
You can kiss goodbye to the BBC under a Conservative government which, on its own, is enough to keep me voting for them.

Cheers

Jim

Well said Jim  ;)

Jim_Campbell

I don't want to be a dick, CF, but if my words are inside a quote tag, I'd appreciate it if they were my words, and if they've been edited (for humorous effect or otherwise), I'd like it to be quite clear that this is the case -- you could have left the word "from" in and used the strikethrough tag, for example.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

"Re: The Royal Charter of the BBC, & the Treason & Felony Act, 1848
Notice Before Action.

It has been brought to my attention that the Corporation has received and is now receiving substantial amounts of funding from the European Union, in breach of Charter Provisions, and that in consequence of this very suspect arrangement the BBC is now reduced to the function of providing both broadcasting & propaganda facilities to a form of alien authority that fails to acknowledge the Supreme Authority of the British Crown.

I must advise you that all such conduct serves to breach the provisions of the Treason Act, 1351 with the further provisions of the Treason & Felony Act, 1848.

In addition, I must advise that the Treason & Felony Act of 1848 provides that it is a Criminal Offence for Subjects of the Crown to give aid or comfort to Traitors, and that this offence is punishable by imprisonment for life.

I am concerned for my own position and I must ask you to cease and desist from all treacherous conduct & financial arrangements, without delay.

Unless I receive your written assurance that the Corporation will issue an immediate public apology for all Treason committed thus far, with your further guarantee that the Corporation will cease and desist from all and any conduct that fails to maintain the Supremacy of the British Crown, then I must give fair warning of my intention to discontinue the payment of all such moneys as are now being applied to the financial support of the BBC."

From here: http://www.tpuc.org/stoppayingtvlicencefees

I make no comment other than to draw your attention to this. What, if anything, you do with this information is entirely up to you.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

COMMANDO FORCES

No Probs Jim, I'll remember that for the next time  :-X

Just look forward to demise of the war mongering party being pushed out of office on the 6th, that's all I'll say  ;)

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Christov on 05 May, 2010, 01:59:06 PM
I'm going to be honest here; I'm rather scared by the idea of a Conservative government.

Anybody who thinks they'll be vastly different or superior to an already monstrously shite Labour are seriously mistaken.

I dont think you will find that any of them are very different to each other and i have NO faith in the LibLabCon but my main worry is Nick Clegg taking this country into the Euro which is a major mistake and another financial trap that the UK could well do without.

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 05 May, 2010, 04:01:40 PM
No Probs Jim, I'll remember that for the next time  :-X

Just look forward to demise of the war mongering party being pushed out of office on the 6th, that's all I'll say  ;)

Thats until the next warmongering party gets elected whose foreign policy is dictated to them by their friends in Bilderberg and the CFR and the Trilateral Commission.

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 05 May, 2010, 03:55:49 PM
"Re: The Royal Charter of the BBC, & the Treason & Felony Act, 1848
Notice Before Action.

It has been brought to my attention that the Corporation has received and is now receiving substantial amounts of funding from the European Union, in breach of Charter Provisions, and that in consequence of this very suspect arrangement the BBC is now reduced to the function of providing both broadcasting & propaganda facilities to a form of alien authority that fails to acknowledge the Supreme Authority of the British Crown.

I make no comment other than to draw your attention to this. What, if anything, you do with this information is entirely up to you.

We can thank New Labour for all that not to mention  that the BBC is rife with Common/Communist Purpose members.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

I compare the Labour Party to an old car. It's been going a while but for the last dozen years it's costing more and more to run because when you come to think of it, it's bloody well clapped out and will just eat all your spare cash and you won't get any further down the road with it.

Time to trade in for a new model, just this time I'll be making sure it isn't red!

Noisybast

I'm finding the idea of someone I otherwise think well of voting for those evil blue bastards quite hard to deal with. Is this normal?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

COMMANDO FORCES

I shall be taking a picture of my x tomorrow and posting it on here, I expect all to follow  ;)

Robin Low

Quote from: Noisybast on 05 May, 2010, 08:03:44 PM
I'm finding the idea of someone I otherwise think well of voting for those evil blue bastards quite hard to deal with. Is this normal?

Normal and understandable.

This was just brought to my attention:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/poverty-and-injustice-in-david-cameronrsquos-model-borough-1962318.html

Regards

Robin

Christov

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 05 May, 2010, 04:06:24 PM
I'm going to be honest here; I'm rather scared by the idea of a Conservative government.

Anybody who thinks they'll be vastly different or superior to an already monstrously shite Labour are seriously mistaken.

I dont think you will find that any of them are very different to each other and i have NO faith in the LibLabCon but my main worry is Nick Clegg taking this country into the Euro which is a major mistake and another financial trap that the UK could well do without.

Clegg has stated time and time again that he will only consider going into the Euro if the circumstances are absolutely perfect, and even then a referendum will be held in order to let the country decide. LibDems actually listen to people's opinions on a regular basis, and not just when the Daily Mail brigade spring into action like Labour (and the Conservatives too, well, if they weren't the best of chums).

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Christov on 05 May, 2010, 09:26:57 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 05 May, 2010, 04:06:24 PM

Clegg has stated time and time again that he will only consider going into the Euro if the circumstances are absolutely perfect, and even then a referendum will be held in order to let the country decide. LibDems actually listen to people's opinions on a regular basis, and not just when the Daily Mail brigade spring into action like Labour (and the Conservatives too, well, if they weren't the best of chums).

Thats all well and good but you should know very well not to expect politicians to keep their promises/pledges.

What happened to the last referendum that the UK was promised ?

Nothing.

vzzbux

I just look at it this way. Am I better off now than 10 years ago.
Answer NO.
Time for a change.

VNP
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

COMMANDO FORCES

It's polling day, so no more politics, it's the LAW. Well on the radio it is, not sure about the telly  :-\

Peter Wolf

I actually forgot about it all until today as its all just business as usual to me.

I am going to use a pen to mark the X so it cant be surreptitiously rubbed out and moved into another box.

Its the only way to be sure.

Either that or press very hard with the pencil and go over it over and over again so it cant be rubbed out.