Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 07 June, 2010, 05:19:14 PM

P.S. Why didn't the Labour Government do more about the passport incident with Israel!!![/color]

because the government are petrified of the Israeli lobby.

Peter Wolf

Turkey are not to be messed with either.

The Iranian Red Crescent are going to be sending aid ships to the Palestinians so that will be fun if the Israelis start attacking their ships in international waters because if just one of those ships are attacked then thats it.

You have to question what gives Israel the right to set up and enforce naval blockades in what is a sovereign states territory in the first place ?

Were the UK and US govt in on it all in the first place ?

Article :

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=19573

I also read reports that the IDF opened fire on the aid ship from above minutes before boarding it.

What a wonderful job our elected non-representative representatives and the UN are doing regarding the Israel/Palestine problem.Themselves and the UN do absolutely NOTHING about it other than a few condemnations and lip service to this or that and then nothing.Nothing at all.

You could say that their inaction is tantamount to gross negligence and is actually encouraging by its inaction the actions of an out of control rogue state that really needs to be brought to heel by the above and by doing so they are endangering all of us if you think about the implications of an Israeli attack on Turkish or Iranian ships [WW3 although we are technically in a World War] but i think that another war is what they want.

Things are going to get out of control before anything gets better.

Its a sad indictement on the political community.
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 07 June, 2010, 03:42:44 PM
It would have nothing to do with SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures).

Do you honestly think that the commandos mission was to board that ship and kill people, if you do think that then god help us all.

I am thinking along those lines.Why shouldnt you ?

You have to think of every possible angle as a possible explanation.Was it their intent ?

Wether the intent was there or not the outcome was the exactly the same.Has the ISraeli govt condemned the actions of the IDF and stated they were not following a SOP ?

Exactly.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Dandontdare on 07 June, 2010, 05:31:43 PM
I still find that song vile though. I switched off at the line "nobody got killed"

I watched it on the phone at work so there was a lot of background noise in the office but I have to agree with DDD on this. People did die on the ship, so I have to mark the song down a couple of points for this.

As for China & North Korea and the US & Israel. Wouldn't the world be a better place if every other country stood up to them and said no more.
Just imagine it, Africa, South and Latin America, Europe, Asia, etc all made a stand.

Obviously it'll never happen  ::)

JOE SOAP

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 07 June, 2010, 06:15:08 PM

As for China & North Korea and the US & Israel. Wouldn't the world be a better place if every other country stood up to them and said no more.
Just imagine it, Africa, South and Latin America, Europe, Asia, etc all made a stand.

Obviously it'll never happen  ::) [/color]

What about Britain, what side do you think they're on?

COMMANDO FORCES

JOE SOAP

I thhought it was going to be Club Tropicana for a second there.

Peter Wolf

Club TropiGaza .

I shall stop there before i start rewriting the lyrics because its highly distasteful to make light of it especially when children are dying.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

The Legendary Shark

There is a banking system out there that doesn't deal with interest. If I had money, or a mortgage, I'd certainly look into this:  http://www.islamic-bank.com/

You don't have to be a Muslim to use this bank.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Here's an interesting article...

" Many people believe that the Bank of England is a privately owned corporation. Many people believe that it's owned by the Rothchilds.

Neither of these beliefs is true.

The truth is much worse..."

Continues at:  http://www.ukcolumn.org/2009/04/14/bank-of-england
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

House of Usher

The article lost me at the fifth paragraph with "In 1844, the Rothschild inspired desire to take complete control of Britain..."
STRIKE !!!

The Legendary Shark

Indeed. The Rothschild family do get blamed for a lot of things. Whether they are actually behind or involved in this I frankly don't know. However, there is something fishy going on. The more I learn, the less I understand about how it all works.

Who are the Bank of England Nominees Ltd, for example? And, if the BoE is our bank, why will nobody tell us who these people are? The Bank of England either belongs to the Government (and, by extension, the people) or it doesn't. If it does belong to us, this information should be available. If it doesn't belong to us, it shouldn't control our sovereign money supply.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

House of Usher

Quote"In 1998, the final piece of the puzzle fell into place. In return for fixing the 1997 elections and getting New Labour into power, the Government enacted the 1998 Bank of England Act, which gave the Bank's Court of Directors complete independence with regard to monetary policy."

1. the Bank of England's Court of Directors did not 'fix the 1997 elections'. The British public did that because they were fed up with 18 years of the Tories doing whatever the hell they pleased.

2. the point of the 1998 Bank of England Act, which gave the Bank independence, was to stop governments manipulating interest rates for political purposes, like lowering them when there's an election coming up to curry favour with the electorate.
STRIKE !!!

The Legendary Shark

1: I can't comment, because I don't know. I hope nothing was fixed, I really do.

2: That worked out nicely, didn't it? Well, it did for the banks - not so much for the rest of us.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

I really should do a proper course in economics. I have strong political opinions, but when it comes to interest rates, the IMF, national debts, inflation etc, I find I'm rapidly out of my depth, and I really wished I had a better grasp of the priincipal arguments.

Anyone suggest the best way to go about this - GCSE at night school? Open University? Correspondence/web based course?

The Legendary Shark

I'm not an economist, either, so I may well be wrong in everything I say and write about it. That said, I know fish when I smell it.

One analogy that helps me understand the root of the problem is this:

Imagine that money is water. The flow of water must be kept up according to the needs of the system - everyone needs water, just like everyone needs money.

The Government, who we elect, has access to its own well. All it has to do is lower a bucket into this public well, draw a bucket of water and pour it carefully into the system (public spending). The water flows around the system and trickles back into the public well in the form of taxes, keeping the public well topped up.

The Government, however, has fallen into the bad habit of using a private well from which to draw the water. So, the Government goes to this private well, draws a bucket of water and carefully pours it into the system. Now, the water that flows out of the system in taxes is used to re-fill the bucket, which is then poured back into the private well. On top of this, an extra quarter of a bucket of water is drained from the system to pour into the private well because the owners of this private well want to be paid for using their water (interest). This means that more water is being drained from the system than is being returned to it. Thus, the parts of the system that use the most water are deprived of it and whither away and die - like Britain's manufacturing industry.

Once we persuade the Government to begin using its own well again, we can still pay off all those quarter buckets we owe whilst not drawing any more water from that private well. Once this is done, the amount drained from the system will fall dramatically, allowing everyone's taxes to fall and allowing an appropriate amount to be invested in industry, public services and society as a whole. So long as the water continues to be added to and drained from the system according to established economic principles and the needs of society, the only losers will be the owners of the private well, who have enough water of their own to begin with and don't need ours.

I thought of that analogy a couple of days ago - does it work, you think?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]