Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Quote from: johnnystress on 15 September, 2010, 10:15:30 AM

Brian Cowan is a complete and utter Buffoon and is as stupid as he looks.

Do yourselves a favor and stop voting for these idiots.

If NHS Direct saves the taxpayer 213 Million a year then why scrap it ??

Hold it a minute i think i know why.Its because those that run this country are Morons and their ideas of cost cutting are childish and simplistic because they obviously dont factor in that scrapping the scheme will not save money and cause many many adverse effects on the NHS.

If this is so obvious and is simple logic then why is it considered to be costcutting ?

Idiots.

This is proven by the fact that we are having to petition govt to stop legal loan sharking operations when if we had an intelligent govt instead of a bunch of morons then they would already be outlawed especially in this kind of economic climate thast leaves people wide open to exploitation but why stop there ??

Does this legislation also apply to the Bankster filth as well since they are a legal loansharking operation ??

Perhaps not now but sometime soon they will be removed because people are wising up to the scam and when that happens the Bankster Filth are going to be giving some very serious thought about what they are going to do and where they are going to go when the people have had enough because they have now gone way past the point of no return and there is more and more material coming out against them every day.

Like i have said many many times before if the UK and Ireland stopped paying cash to the EU year in year out then that would mean less cost cutting and not only that but the UK pays something in the region of 43 Billion per year in servicing the interest on its debts and guess who the interest payments go to ?

The money lenders/changers who own the banking system because fo4 some reason the govt cant issue its own currency.

We all know why that is or at least you should do by now.

This figure could rise to 70 billion a year but this is a projected figure that is perhaps being used to make spending cuts* seem inevitable but i wouldnt be surprised if its not far from the truth and again we simply do not know what the exact figures are.

The yearly payments to the EU seem to vary in the figures that are quoted from various sources from 5 billion per year to 55.755 billion per year.The simple fact is that the true figure is actually unknown unless you have access to the accounts of the EU but since they dont seem to keep accounts or have their accounts audited we simply do not know and not only that but official figures from this govt are not to be trusted like anything else to do with govt.

*New Liebour completely overfinanced and overstaffed and over just about everything else concerning the public sector anyway so a certain amount of costcutting within the public sector is justified and is very necessary and those that will lose their jobs in the public sector will cry about it but they will have to make their own way in the private sector the same as everyone else instead of suckling off the govt and having a sense of entitlement and if there are no jobs for them in the private sector we know why that is and its more than likely that the public sector workers supported Labour for 11 years which means that they themselves enabled and assisted the outsourcing of jobs and the shifting of the manufacturing base overseas which has created the unemployment problem and the fact that the UK doesnt produce enough GDP to become solvent ever again and you cant rebuild an economy based on services because you have to make things and then sell them and export them and right now that isnt happening and its unlikely to happen.

Its also curious why its always such an outcry against public sector jobs being lost but there are plenty in the private sector who have lost jobs and businesses and the media never focusess on them unless its yet another large scale manufaturer that is closing down its UK operations and moving overseas and that is always seen as something that is necessary or inevitable rather than being seen as a serious problem that needs to be adressed urgently as i have heard NOTHING from this fake Coalition govt about addressing this problem.

So in the meantime more jobs are lost which means less revenue to keep the country going which is worse for the economy and the govt just sits back and lets it all happen because they have this stupid fixation with "Service Economies".

Morons.

In a word we are F U C K E D and the economy isnt even being allowed to recover naturally as it is being constantly manipulated so that it gets worse and the recession/depression is being prolonged mostly because the banks were given our money which we pay interest on to lend but they are not lending.

My maths isnt always that good but 20 to 25 percent of those of working age in the US are now unemployed.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 15 September, 2010, 01:20:59 PM

I've never voted for those idiots, doesn't seem to keep them away.  I do however disagree that Cowen is stupid - he's a bright bloke with a long history of writing or at least editing his own speeches (which is disturbingly rare according to my Civil Service mates), and he's refreshingly unspun and unscripted.  Unfortunately he's entirely the wrong person in the wrong place at the wrong time, and has both inherited and been party to creating a fucking catastrophe.  He mumbles, barks, looks miserable and irritated at the same time, and thus instead of directing the mood of the country in a positive direction he just amplifies it by looking exactly how we all feel. 

That he gave an earl-morning interview hung over is neither here nor there with regard to his competence or character, but that he wasn't aware of or didn't care about the bitterness that behaviour would engender amongst people who desperately want him to be working his highly-paid arse off 24-7 to pull us out of the mire... well that's just symptomatic of someone who has lost the plot.  That old celtic stuff about  the health and fertility of the land depending on the character and person of the king isn't far off the mark.  Brian has broken more than one of the geasa that circumscribe his office.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 September, 2010, 01:40:43 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 15 September, 2010, 01:20:59 PM

I've never voted for those idiots, doesn't seem to keep them away.  I do however disagree that Cowen is stupid - he's a bright bloke with a long history of writing or at least editing his own speeches (which is disturbingly rare according to my Civil Service mates), and he's refreshingly unspun and unscripted.  Unfortunately he's entirely the wrong person in the wrong place at the wrong time, and has both inherited and been party to creating a fucking catastrophe.  He mumbles, barks, looks miserable and irritated at the same time, and thus instead of directing the mood of the country in a positive direction he just amplifies it by looking exactly how we all feel. 

That he gave an earl-morning interview hung over is neither here nor there with regard to his competence or character, but that he wasn't aware of or didn't care about the bitterness that behaviour would engender amongst people who desperately want him to be working his highly-paid arse off 24-7 to pull us out of the mire... well that's just symptomatic of someone who has lost the plot.  That old celtic stuff about  the health and fertility of the land depending on the character and person of the king isn't far off the mark.  Brian has broken more than one of the geasa that circumscribe his office.

Fair enough what you say but i do recall how he was suckered by Manuel Barosso where he looked like he was being led astray which of course he was.The problem is much bigger than Brian Cowan and Brian Cowan cant be expected to fix it and obsessing over PMs etc doesnt get anyone anywhere but i do feel that people who dont understand politics have too much faith invested in them without understanding what is really going on and they go wrong when they all blame Brian Cowan for everything going wrong when again there is a lot more to it than that.

JayzusB.Christ

Yayyy! Good news at last. Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for small mercies.

http://www.build.ie/national_news.asp?newsid=116493

Most heartening quote:
QuoteAt the time of writing, Mr Lenihan's twitter page is receiving statement's of criticism and condemnation at the rate of approximately one per second, with one tweeter reffering to the minister as "an ignorant fool" and another asking "Can you please say which other 'theories' need debunking in new books? How do you stand on gravity?
(Pity about the journalist's spelling, but it's the thought that counts.)

Good to see that not everyone is as fucking thick as the Minister.

(Reminds me of a Public Enemy gig I went to see in Dublin years ago, where Chuck Dee shouted out 'Do you believe in God?' expectantly, only to be met with a silence punctuated with a few quiet 'no's.  'Fuck it, I do', said Chuck, glumly.)

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Peter Wolf

Not every Christian believes in the literal translation of the Bible like Creationists.

I just thought i would point that out.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 15 September, 2010, 04:47:46 PM
Not every Christian believes in the literal translation of the Bible like Creationists.

I realise that. Personally, I don't believe in either Christianity or Creationism.

EDIT: In fact, as far as I know, even the Catholic Church supports the theory of evolution.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Peter Wolf

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 15 September, 2010, 04:49:34 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 15 September, 2010, 04:47:46 PM

I realise that. Personally, I don't believe in either Christianity or Creationism.

EDIT: In fact, as far as I know, even the Catholic Church supports the theory of evolution.

The Catholic Church supports a lot of other things but i wont go into that. ;)

I wasnt directing that comment at you personally but there is a lot of ridicule directed at Christians where they are all labelled as ridiculous Creationists which i dont agree with.

I am a devout Agnostic in the sense that i dont know for sure if there is anything else rather than not knowing if there is any kind of God in the abstract sense as the term "God" is completely abstract.

It must be very difficult to have faith in God when you look at what goes on on this planet and why evil always seems to prevail and that in itself makes me question the existence of God but i have to say despite the fact i am not a Christian i would rather live in a country that has Christian values in the moderate sense than a hardcore Atheist State but again i wont go into that now.

Unsold UK Pope tickets :

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/world/2010/0911/1224278638530.html

:lol:

Its interesting that the Catholic church wants a payment of 20 quid per ticket but its not surprising really but its not like they are short of cash.

It must cost a lot to keep the PopeMobile/Ice Cream van going.

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteI wasnt directing that comment at you personally but there is a lot of ridicule directed at Christians where they are all labelled as ridiculous Creationists which i dont agree with.

No worries, chief, I agree with you there - as far as my lack of belief goes, Jesus's divinity isn't too far behind Creationism, though to be fair Creationism can pretty be scientifically proven wrong.

Its interesting that the Catholic church wants a payment of 20 quid per ticket but its not surprising really but its not like they are short of cash.

It must cost a lot to keep the PopeMobile/Ice Cream van going.

Heh.  There was a letter into Viz once referring to the current pope's revision of (I think) the 7 deadly sins -

'I see "amassing huge amounts of wealth" is now on the list. It's a good thing hypocrisy isn't there too, or they'd be doubly fucked.'

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 September, 2010, 01:40:43 PM

Quite right.

The drinking is not the real gripe but there is a media and political putsch to get him out, a crude one, but it's happening. Cowen is well known as a heavy drinker, depending on who you talk to, he may have a drink problem (the wife beating rumours once started to flow about Bertie but were nipped in the bud). His "enemies" are using it as a another stick to beat him with. If Cowen didn't have the brains to cancel the interview knowing he sounded like shit and would give off a bad impression (did no one advise him?) why would anyone want him deciding on the future of the country? He doesn't give a shit about how he comes across. Stupid or not, he's our Boris Yeltsin/Gordon Brown.

if Cowen had proved himself as even half a talent in his job none of this would matter.

johnnystress

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hoagy

How much is this recession affecting the sci-fi-horror-fan dollar?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

TordelBack

Quote from: Krombasher on 17 September, 2010, 02:13:16 AM
How much is this recession affecting the sci-fi-horror-fan dollar?

The Four Colour Dollar?  A lot.  In my case, average monthly spend on things Comics/2000AD/Gaming/Star Wars/SF two or three years ago would have been ca. €90-120.  Now it's €25, and that's all 2000AD.

JayzusB.Christ

The last two Megazines were almost a tenner in euros. It's treading a fine line with me at the moment as it stands - not its fault it's a tenner, but I'm beginning to wonder if its worth it when we're all hard up

The Legendary Shark

Dreams are important in hard times, and Twoothy & the Meg are chock full of them.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]