Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

I've had no electricity for the past two and a half hours due to repair work being carried out on a nearby junction box.

God damn you, Brexit!

:D
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Steve Green on 29 March, 2017, 11:32:42 AM
At a day-to-day level, what do they expect Remainers to actually do which will have any bearing on the effects of it?

I think it comes down to this:  'Stop telling us we were wrong, even though it's becoming increasingly clear that we were wrong.'
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Goaty

Wish I never reading Daily Mail Online, too many nasty articles.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Goaty on 29 March, 2017, 05:51:52 PM
Wish I never reading Daily Mail Online, too many nasty articles.
The scourge of the internet. Best left alne.

Amazingly, on the subject of yesterdays abominably sexist Fail cover, one member of my family who'se incredibly feminist to a point had no issue with it. That being said, she has no issue with the Fail in general so her sanity has always been in question...

Spikes

Quote from: Tjm86 on 28 March, 2017, 08:44:22 PM
Quote from: Rately on 28 March, 2017, 01:00:48 PM
Brexit well beyond satire now.

Can I just check that I'm understanding the current situation regarding Brexit please?

• the UK may possibly have to pay a significant sum of money for outstanding commitments.
  • the UK may end up with higher tariffs / poorer market access compared to its current arrangements.
  • the UK may still end up with similar immigration levels from the EU.
  • the UK will have less say over EU policy.
  • the UK will still have to comply with ECJ rulings but will have no say regarding them.
  • the UK may lose airlines and financial services companies to mainland Europe as companies are required to relocate.
  • there will be no additional money for the NHS as implied during the referendum campaign.
  • UK workers may lose employment protections they enjoy under EU law
  • UK farmers may lose financial support currently enjoyed under the Common Agricultural Policy.

On the plus side we will ....

• no longer have Nigel Farage

Have I missed much?

We will never be free of Nigel Farage. So it is all bad news.

CalHab

Quote from: Spikes on 29 March, 2017, 06:00:14 PM
We will never be free of Nigel Farage. So it is all bad news.

We now live in Faragist Britain. Despite never achieving any kind of electoral mandate, UKIP policies have been adopted wholesale by the Tories.

Tjm86

Well, he is talking about doing a Cameron if it all goes wahoonie shaped.  Even to the extent of leaving the UK altogether.  Perhaps we can have a whip around and help him on his way.  I'm thinking a very leaky row boat and drop him off in a nice patch of shark infested water.

IndigoPrime

I find it abhorrent that someone who's banged on about immigration being the thing that's wrecked the country would even dare to become an immigrant elsewhere. Although I'm sure he'd call himself an 'ex pat' (whatever the fuck that means) or the 'right kind of immigrant'.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 29 March, 2017, 07:34:18 PM
I find it abhorrent that someone who's banged on about immigration being the thing that's wrecked the country would even dare to become an immigrant elsewhere. Although I'm sure he'd call himself an 'ex pat' (whatever the fuck that means) or the 'right kind of immigrant'.

What about Nick Griffin moving to Hungary because it's a more nationalistic country than Britain at present and actively has a Nazi town?

Those people's town meetings must make the Mail Online seem like a revolutionary party pamphlet.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

There will be bad things, there will be good things.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Steve Green on 29 March, 2017, 09:21:05 PM
http://news.sky.com/story/lloyds-set-to-choose-brussels-as-eu-base-reports-10817862

"Lloyd's is shifting some operations to the continent in order to protect revenues generated within the European Union as the UK heads for the exit."

"Chairman John Nelson has previously said that Lloyd's had made a decision to act quickly because more than 10% of its revenues come from within the EU."

Hardly a disaster, even if you believe in the current corrupt system.

Also, that piece contains a link to; Deutsche Bank shows faith in post-Brexit City with new HQ plan.' So, swings and roundabouts.

There will be good things, there will be bad things.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]