Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theblazeuk

KATIE HOPKINS: The day Theresa gave Britain the chance to crush the Remoaners, Labour, the Libs AND the Nats once and for all and why I believe we WILL (despite the BBC's best efforts)

Is it just me or does it sound a bit fascistic to talk about 'crushing' political opponents ONCE AND FOR ALL.

JamesC

Quote from: Goaty on 18 April, 2017, 03:52:09 PM
Daily Mail Online are really shit, tell us to vote Tory.

Surprise, surprise.

Old Tankie

JamesC

Quote from: Old Tankie on 18 April, 2017, 04:22:35 PM
Who is Katie Hopkins?

She's an astute, impartial political commentator who tells it like it is.  ;)

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 18 April, 2017, 03:44:10 PMIndeed. I was frustrated by Labour's approach but felt like it was a sure 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation, where everything was Corbyn/Momentum's fault no matter what happened. Run a doomed-to-fail campaign that can only at best sabotage the least-worst option? Or acknowledge political and practical reality and be slated for conceding defeat and weak leadership?
Or just note that the Tories aren't standing, instead giving a free run to Goldsmith, and since this was a Lib Dem seat anyway beforehand, let them have a free crack at it. Talk up the idea of working together. Make it clear the Lib Dems would be expected to return the favour at a later point. Could have driven goodwill, and from a press standpoint would have been no worse then Wolmar getting a sad 3.67%.

And for what it's worth, there's a hell of a lot wrong with the Lib Dems, but I also firmly believe that the UK has not in the slightest benefitted from them being smashed from 60ish MPs to a few, and nor would, say, Richmond benefit if Goldsmith or another Tory won the seat back from Olney.

Steve Green

I'm trying to work out if Corbyn's enthusiastic or just seems demob-happy.

Professor Bear

Given the wipeout the Blairites face after driving moderates away from the party until only lefties remain, I'd say he's been waiting for this day since 1997.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Mister Pops on 18 April, 2017, 03:40:27 PM
Ye never know, Trumps endorsement could scupper May

Not going to happen, sadly.  There just isn't the opposition. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Professor Bear

Channel 4 News have apparently been told that the Conservative party were informed by the Crown Prosecution Service that prosecutions were expected to proceed "against 30 individuals".

Rogue Earthlet

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 18 April, 2017, 04:18:31 PM
KATIE HOPKINS: The day Theresa gave Britain the chance to crush the Remoaners, Labour, the Libs AND the Nats once and for all and why I believe we WILL (despite the BBC's best efforts)

Is it just me or does it sound a bit fascistic to talk about 'crushing' political opponents ONCE AND FOR ALL.

She writes in the Daily Mail, and that paper supported Hitler in the thirties.

IndigoPrime

Goaty

Scary...

dweezil2

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 April, 2017, 12:16:08 AM

Isn't that a scene from the movie V For Vendetta?

If so, highly apt!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

NapalmKev

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 April, 2017, 12:16:08 AM

Big Mother is watching you!

Seriously though, wouldn't it be hilarious if this backfired on the Tories and they end up losing! I'm optimistic enough (at the moment) that it could happen.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Goaty