Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

We've been away for ten days for the most brilliant holiday in Iceland.  I can honestly say it's the best holiday I've had.  Loved it. 

We were also so lucky.  There was travel disruption everywhere but we somehow got there and back on plan (even though we got bumped from our flight back but then got a free upgrade to comfort class).

Goaty

Something Fishy

we did, it was lovely.

we packed loads in.  I think seeing the Northern Lights (3 times) and a super jeep day to see the remains of the glaciers in the snow fields under Eyjafjallajökull were the highlights.

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Hawkmumbler

So turns out works just brilliant for me. Time was in previous jobs i'd work long hours for crap pay and no hope of improvement, leaving me with no interest or will power to put time into writing or art. Thats really on the other side if the spectrum now, im still full if energy after a long shift, added to that the boss has seen fit to put me up as manager of our branch, which is awesome! Added to that i've just had an offer accepted on a new flat that i'm hoping to move into as soon as May.

I know this is all silly, materialistic dross but compared to where I was last year, stuck in a job I hated with no energy and my closest family buggering off to live in the middle of the channel, it feels like things are going to be a little better this year.

Something Fishy

The Legendary Shark

That's brilliant, Hawkie, it truly is.

I'm so happy for you that I can't put it into words. Happiness is so hard to achieve and yet requires so few ingredients.

You deserve this, my friend, you deserve it as much as anyone I know and way, way, way more than many - including me. You're a star and I love you. XXX.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

Yeah sharky I totally relate to the hawk too.  This time last year my eyes seemed totally screwed and I had no idea what I was going to do as my job ended.  Fast forward a year and things are so much better.  Who can blame him for enjoying the material stuff for a while.

TordelBack

Dandontdare

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dandontdare on 08 January, 2017, 11:35:38 AM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 07 January, 2017, 07:11:16 PM
..... im still full if energy after a long shift....

Is this the barista job?  click
I have been known to parade about Manchester in bright red long johns but the similarities stop there!

And cheers lads, even Sharky for his very 'ahem' emotive response. Honestly things are just so much better now, in regards to so much of my life. I always hated New Years with a bitter kind of cynisicm but this year I'm actually excited and motivated to see what the next 12 months have in store for me!

Goaty

After nine months, finally can start training next week! Finger crossings

TordelBack

Quote from: Goaty on 10 January, 2017, 11:18:45 AM
After nine months, finally can start training next week! Finger crossings

Excellent stuff, you've had a bad run with no work, good to see things moving for you.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Fungus

Belated nice one, Hawks :-) Glad to hear things are looking up.

Started my own new job this week and less time to scoot about on sites like this one... but I moved by choice - for good reasons. Drokk, I'm tired  :o  No complaints, though...