Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

I bought these stunning pieces off Adrian Salmon recently. If you have the opportunity, buy something from him! Any help identifying the text story the first page illustrated would be gratefully received.

Rogue Judge

I recently requested a Rogue Trooper commission from Ian Kennedy (via Wiggz) and Ian delivered this stunning rendition of Rogue! He is still going to add a splash of blue for the background before he sends it to me. I love war comics and knew that he would draw the perfect Rogue, and did he deliver! I couldn't be more chuffed

The good new is that Ian enjoyed drawing Rogue so much that he did two more (different) pieces as well that will likely be for sale at some point soon - I'm sure Wiggz will have more details on that.

I also purchased a Dredd and a Strontium Dog, which I will post pictures of soon.
(Forgive the quality, just a photo not a scan)

Smith

Dr Feeley Good

Spikes

Yes, very nice indeed. Can't go wrong with a bit of Kennedy.  :thumbsup:

Just for asking; Did Ian ever draw Rogue at any time in the prog or specials?

Rogue Judge

Cheers gents. Spikes, (I could be wrong, but) I don't think Kennedy ever worked on Rogue Trooper - however, based on his military art experiences (like Commando) I knew he would produce a fantastic Rogue! Also, I see you have an incredible art your self, including a couple of great Kennedy pieces.

hippynumber1 has and incredible Ro-Busters Kennedy painting well worth taking a look at too.

Skullmo

A couple of new pieces you may enjoy seeing:

A very memorable spread for me this one. Amazing. I can remember staring at this as a kid in the Titan reprint (I was too young for the original comic).

Probably my favourite Dredd foe - Fink Angel. I love the style McMahon was using at this time and I love this piece.
It's a joke. I was joking.

maryanddavid

Carlos is king, but that Fink piece is on another level.

Geoff

Both of those pages are absolutely blinding Julius!

The Ezquerra DPS is from such a great tale and that image FILLS the page.

And the Fink pin-up is a prime slice of McMahon. Love that period too. Just superb.

I, Cosh

Jesus! That's a couple of beauties there!
We never really die.

Jim_Campbell

Amazing. Both pieces are pages lodged in mind in such an iconic way that I recall them with immediate clarity. What great things to own. Congratulations!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dr Feeley Good

There both brilliant...well done getting them.

Magnetica

That Fink page looks like McMahon applying his Slaine style to it (shoggy beast rather than Sky Chariots variant).

ming

That Ian Kennedy Rogue is great; wonderful to see Ian in such demand for 2000AD art these days.

The Fink pin-up is simply amazing - lovely, lovely stuff.

Dr Feeley Good

This page arrived last week from John McCrea but he asked me not to post it until it had appeared in the prog,So here it is....