Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Hey that's awesome there Puggfella. I recall saying something similiar when it popped up on DevArt a couple of light years ago.

puggdogg

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 30 May, 2010, 11:06:47 AM
Hey that's awesome there Puggfella. I recall saying something similiar when it popped up on DevArt a couple of light years ago.

Ahh so you did. Thanks for the comments. Glad everyone is liking my colours. Someday I need to finds a picture frame for the artwork. I also got Colin to sign a 2000AD issue. I think it's Prog 1175. I've also got to get that framed.

Colin YNWA

Man Colin wilson is great. What I wouldn't give for a Dredd mets Blueberry comission...

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 30 May, 2010, 07:15:08 PM
Man Colin wilson is great. What I wouldn't give for a Dredd mets Blueberry comission...

Agreed.

I think Royd handles all Colin's commissions and original art sales now? try and get in touch with him, he's on the forum.

When I got my commission I was lucky enough to catch Colin when he was waiting for Star Wars Invasion to kick in, I imagine he's pretty busy now. Though it's great to have a Star Wars story with one artist doing all the artwork.

Steven

ming

Royd does indeed sell art on Colin's behalf and can also arrange for sketch commissions to be done, so drop him a line if you're interested folks.  (If you need his email address, just p.m. me).

I need to take some better pictures of the Colin Wilson pages I have, but here's the Dredd one (from the 1981 Sci-Fi Special):

Peter Wolf

Quote from: ming on 31 May, 2010, 08:32:32 AM
Royd does indeed sell art on Colin's behalf and can also arrange for sketch commissions to be done, so drop him a line if you're interested folks.  (If you need his email address, just p.m. me).

I need to take some better pictures of the Colin Wilson pages I have, but here's the Dredd one (from the 1981 Sci-Fi Special):

I have always been a fan of Colin Wilsons beautiful art especially on JD but i do feel that he is a little bit underrated and never gets mentioned or name-dropped as much simply because he was not as prolific or featured as much as Ron Smith for example but in my mind he is up there with the Ron Smiths and Brian Bollands etc as i rate his work that highly.

I dont know very much about him either.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Steven Sterlacchini

He's done a lot of work in Europe.

A translation of 'Du Plomb Dans Le Tete' - 'Bullet to The Head' is out very soon.

Story by Matz (The Killer), I've been waiting for it for ages,

Steven

ming

...and there was an interview with him in Meg 284.

Peter Wolf

I am not exactly the most well read fan on the board but thanks for your pointers as its good to know he is still working in the business.I only know his work from reading the JD crime files in 1981 !

Plus he drew my favorite Future Shock in Prog 225.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

ming

He's also been active on Dredd in the Meg fairly recently, which has been great!

J3D1

Love that sci fi special page Ming!

ming

Another couple of pages - one more Colin Wilson, one Jesus Redondo.

Redondo's one of those artists that I didn't appreciate that much as a kid (like Ron Smith, Casanovas, Ortiz, etc.) but absolutely love now.  Anyway, a Future Shock page from Prog 286:

Aaaannd a Colin Wilson Rogue page from Prog 248:

J3D1

Sweet scores there Ming.
Heres one of my latest:

Prog 297:

ming

Heh, that is a beauty.  You should stick it in the Cam Kennedy thread as well (around here somewhere); you'll have people hating you in no time ;)

Got any more lined up?

I'm slowing down a bit, or trying to...

J3D1

Yeah trying to mate, especially with 3A Gathering coming up etc.