Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

SIP

Hi all, thought I would post up my (admittedly limited) set of pages. Apologies for the quality of the pictures, I have all the pages on display so they are all under glass.

First up, a Kev Walker page from Sin City featuring Dredd and Orlok.....

A page from the mighty Steve Dillon from "city of the damned" (my first ever dredd graphic novel). This has everything for me, Dillon's Anderson (my favourite Anderson rendition), A Dillon Dredd and even features the story title.....

A Carlos page from "traitor to his kind", an awesome full shot of Alpha and Wulf is in there too.....

....and last but certainly not least, my all time favourite comic artist, 2 pages from the last Dredd story that Mick McMahon did for the prog...

Hope you like them.  Simon.

hippynumber1

The Dillon page is superb but, man, those McMahon pages are incredible.

Jim_Campbell

I'm not an original art kind of guy, but I'm massively envious of all of those!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

SIP

Thanks guys, if I just had a Bolland I could die happy.....but I'm so thankful for what I have that I'm certainly not complaining!

Colin YNWA

Clearly its ludicrous to have favourites amongst such glorious pieces BUT those McMahon pages are just something else.

Stunning

Spikes

Cracking pages all, but really love the Sin City page. A real favourite tale of mine.

Rogue Judge

Wow SIP - all incredible pieces! Dillons Anderson perfectly captures her character in that image. My personal favorite there is Carlos' Strontium Dog, what a great page!

I am currently getting a few commissions done, will post them when they are completed and arrived! Could take a while though...

hippynumber1

It's been so long since I posted on here I can't remember what the last piece I showed you was... With that in mind, here are the last three pieces I bought, apologies if I've shown any of them already.

Spikes

Lovely to see more Boo on here, and that's a cracking page.  :thumbsup:

Spikes

And a newly arrived purchase; Dredd, and plenty of him, by the marvellous Dave Taylor.

Not got a copy of the Meg this was printed in - must track one down now, but Barney tells me it's Meg 223, and also it was Dave's first ever Dredd story?

Skullmo

Nice to see some action on this page again - lovely stuff there especially that Dillon from one of my childhood favourites City of the Damned.

And I have finally got a Dolan page from another of my favourites Mean Machine:

And here a few classic thrill-pages that you will hopefully enjoy seeing - I have not seen many Day the Law Died pages so I was thrillled to get these, by Brendan McCarthy (with a little uncredited Ewins in there I think):

It's a joke. I was joking.

moly

SIP

Wow, awesome caligula pages!

Rogue Judge

Mark - great artwork there, that is one mean looking Slaine and the Hammerstein piece is particularly fantastic.

Skullmo, what a great selection of art - I haven't read Mean Machine but now want to based on the art alone. And those pages from the Day the Law died are incredible, lots of action and memorable characters within each page! I really like how his helmet is depicted during this era.