Main Menu

EXCLUSIVE - FIRST STILL FROM DREDD!

Started by Cyber-Matt, 19 November, 2010, 05:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber-Matt

This is an exclusive shot from the new Dredd movie, taken during rehearsals, of Karl Urban wearing the iconic uniform. Enjoy!

Mike Carroll

uncle fester

It rocks. I'm happy!

EDIT: The 'riot gear' look - thought that route would be taken. Gives it more grit.

Bolt-01

Mike Carroll

Love that they got the helmet right - that's the key thing!

davethomson

Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

LARF

Looks tough. I like the retro shoulder pads, very 1977. Everything looks chunky and real. The corridor worries me though, doesn't look very sci-fi, more like the boiler room at my old school...

...can't judge a film by a photo - overall I'm impressed.

Kev Levell

It's great. From what I can see there's some really nice touches. I hope everyone will be suitably encouraged by this image... I think it signals brilliant things for the production!

Very exciting news for a Friday afternoon!

Satnav

It's about what I was expecting--and I like.  :D Helmet could fit a tad better, but maybe it's just the angle.

Steve Green

Hmm.

First thoughts.

1. Helmet looks too big.

2. I think they could have gone bigger with the shoulder pads.

3. Shoot the photographer.

I don't mind the design - I'm just not bowled over with the respective proportions.

Mike Carroll

Bigger version (though still kinda fuzzy) here:
http://yfrog.com/f/em5tvbj/
(Click on pic to embiggenify)

Beeks

Looks great IMO..still retains the look without being overtly comic book..chuffed
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

RandomFactor

Interesting.  At first glance the badge looks similar to the previous film.

Mike Carroll

Doesn't seem to have the Eagle on the right shoulder, and can't see if there's elbow pads, but to be honest I'm loving this more realistic look!

The helmet is spot-on!