Main Menu

Life is sometimes Fortean because...

Started by Richmond Clements, 09 June, 2011, 01:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

I get confused with table etiquette myself; the big spoon's for the soup, the knife furthest from your plate's used to butter your bread roll, and you shove your fork right up your urethra - right?

"A 70-year-old man presented to Canberra Hospital's Emergency Department with a 10cm steel cutlery item inserted into his urethra for his sexual gratification, a write-up in the International Journal of Surgery Case Reports said.

It remains uncertain how the gentleman thought that could be achieved. The fork was not visible from the outside but doctors were able to feel it. "The motives for insertion of a variety of objects are difficult to comprehend", the report, titled An Unusual Urethral Foreign Body, said."

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

Quote from: White Falcon on 03 July, 2015, 03:32:32 PM
The Borg are coming!

Holy crap - wonder if it's conected to this, which is clearly the start of the Robot Revolution

M.I.K.

I'm always a bit wary of photos and videos with the photographer pointing at the weirdness with their hand. People don't usually point when they're filming / taking photos, because they're already pointing the camera right at the thing.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: M.I.K. on 03 July, 2015, 05:46:10 PM
I'm always a bit wary of photos and videos with the photographer pointing at the weirdness with their hand. People don't usually point when they're filming / taking photos, because they're already pointing the camera right at the thing.
"Yeah, right there's where you need to CG in the ridiculous space-cube, just as we're all making the noise on cue".

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: White Falcon on 03 July, 2015, 03:32:32 PM
The Borg are coming!
I did love how that page tried to start off normal, gave it its best shot, then about halfway down went

QuoteThe first thing that comes to mind is the cube shape and how the cube is tied to Saturn, which in astrotheology is "Satan" which I go into a lot more detail in the article, "Saturn – Why Are We Worshiping The Cult Of EL?".

Bless 'em.

Famous Mortimer

I am so happy you posted that page!

http://in5d.com/saturn-why-are-we-worshiping-the-cult-of-el/

The first bit says "why do so many people get married on Saturday, and why do Saturday marriages cost more?" Evidently, the thought never even crossed his mind that perhaps the best answer would be related to more mundane concerns like getting time off work for you, your spouse and any guests you might want to invite. Plus, places that hold weddings know this and charge more for weekend events.

It's that sort of rigorous truth that has already got me believing in a cult of Saturn or whatever the hell it was! Well done, in5d!

Hawkmumbler

I encountered an exceptionaly large wild cat up on Winter Hill, Bolton, a two miles walk from where I live. I say it was a Wild Cat, but for all intents of purposes it had all the hallmarks of a European Lynx. About 4 times the size of your average tabby, a meter tall at the shoulder, robust hind limbs, a slightly squashed face with puffy cheeks, and large, pointed ears ending in tuffts of fur. It got bloody close to, essescialy considering our Cocker Spaniel was barking her head off at the site of it. Most perplexing.

This was a few years ago now, and it's been spotted a few time's since by Pheasent shooters and sheep hearders.

Grugz

no shaky out of focus mobile footage to back that up?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Mardroid

Interesting! Yes the tufted ears suggest lynx to me. Even though they're not supposed to be native here any more... An exotic pet escapee, I wonder.* Did you notice a stubby tail?

*  Or the naturalists got that wrong. I met a guy some years back who claimed to have seen a wolf on a camping trip in Wales. Mind you, in his case , I think he was likely having us on...

The Legendary Shark

(Holo)Ghost Riders in the Sky! Justice Department should use this idea to project an image of Grud over MC1 telling the citizens to obey the judges...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

Quote from: White Falcon on 09 July, 2015, 10:17:17 AM
(Holo)Ghost Riders in the Sky! Justice Department should use this idea to project an image of Grud over MC1 telling the citizens to obey the judges...

Or a giant IDS fist-pumping above every benefits office (shudder)

The rest of that website is hilarious - not "isn't this cool projection technology" but "this proves the illuminati are going to stage a fake alien invasion"

The Legendary Shark

Yeah, I hope it's not true and it does seem unlikely. Still, a lot of unlikely things seem to be coming to light recently (parliamentary paedophile rings, banks calling the shots over democratically elected governments, the Bilderberg Group, etc.) so it seems wise to keep such guff at least in the back of our minds, just in case. If nothing else, some of these things are a great inspiration for storytellers.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]