Main Menu

Life is sometimes Fortean because...

Started by Richmond Clements, 09 June, 2011, 01:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: White Falcon on 09 July, 2015, 11:10:24 AM
Yeah, I hope it's not true and it does seem unlikely. Still, a lot of unlikely things seem to be coming to light recently (parliamentary paedophile rings, banks calling the shots over democratically elected governments, the Bilderberg Group, etc.) so it seems wise to keep such guff at least in the back of our minds, just in case. If nothing else, some of these things are a great inspiration for storytellers.
The things you've quoted are things happening out in the open (banking) or are backed by actual evidence of stuff happening (parliamentary paedophile rings).

If / when there's a single shred of evidence for the existence of the Illuminati past the beginning of the 19th century (or whatever else the odd theory du jour is) then we can discuss that. "The Government tried to hide X, therefore Y is also true" is pretty flimsy.

The Legendary Shark

I don't think organisations like the Illuminati exist, as such, but I do think there are small groups of people with way too much power and influence who have a shady and toxic effect on wider society. These nebulous groups might be happy to let people believe in such things as the Illuminati as decoys.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: White Falcon on 09 July, 2015, 02:30:05 PM
I don't think organisations like the Illuminati exist, as such, but I do think there are small groups of people with way too much power and influence who have a shady and toxic effect on wider society. These nebulous groups might be happy to let people believe in such things as the Illuminati as decoys.

I find myself entirely in agreement with you, Sharky.  This is a once- or twice- yearly festive event that always makes me feel cheerful  ;)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Cool story/images, but ye gods, what a hateful website!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

M.I.K.

The comments... Why did I look at the comments?!?

But yes... probably not a parallel universe, probably a genuine freaky mirage thingy. They get a lot of those over there. Penglai's particularly famous for its non-existent islands which frequently show up out at sea around May or June.

The Legendary Shark

You and your damned science - squeezing the mystery out of everything. :-D
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

IAMTHESYSTEM

R'yleh rises! Nothing to worry about really only the extermination of humankind. Does look freaky even if it is only a mirage.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Hawkmumbler

Spent a somewhat forlorn morning (nothing wrong really, just a bit of creeping anxiety) reading and just sitting it out, when I had the thought to read up on folk lore and urban legends. Just something to pass the time, but possibly the best thing to come out of the missspent morning was the discovery of Le Loyon. A really unusual, soomewhat tangible, legend of a masked man roaming the forrest of Maules, Switzerland. Almost for certain just a guy in a gimp costume who lives off the land (Sharky, you been to Switzerland recently?) it's none the less an amusing serious off accounts, and would make for a funny little slasher movie.