Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

Just started Kid Icarus: Uprising, which is pretty rad so far. The controls are a lot better than I'd been led to believe and the sliding scale difficulty is neat.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Noisybast

I'm back on Lego Batman. Strangely, it's a lot more fun this time around. I seem to recall having much more difficulty with camera angles and odd bugs the first time I attempted this. I'm guessing there have been patches.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Roger Godpleton

April 18: TRIALS EVOLUTION, BITCHES.

GordyM

Quote from: radiator on 21 March, 2012, 05:15:51 PM
Had a quick blast on Journey (PS3) the other day.

Bit of a 'meh', really.

Gorgeous visuals, but tbh it's more of an interactive screensaver than a game - little in the way of challenge or excitement.

If there was actually something to get your teeth into - perhaps some form of combat or puzzles - it'd be something special. As it is, it's just a bit dull.

Personally I loved Journey though I appreciate it was more of an emotional, umm, journey than a typical game. It's really dividing gamers between love and hate.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

radiator

I dunno, I didn't hate it, just thought it was a bit pointless. I feel the same way about Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery - incredible visuals and music - but the 'game' element is so slow and tedious.

I've really liked previous arty-farty type games like Rez - but then at the core of Rez is a challenging score attack shooter mechanic - something to actually engage my brain (and trigger finger). Pretty visuals alone just aren't enough.

Imo Bastion really nailed the balance between art and game - lovely visuals and atmospherics, but married to a rewarding and satisfying game experience.

Durendal

Hell:After The End aka hatemoo.
H:ATE is a MOO, which is a fancy name for a MUD which is a multiplayer text RPG.

In the beginning there was HellMOO, a post apocalyptic RPG, and grief and good times were had by a small majority at the expense of the masses and admin popularity. The admins became outraged that a game designed for deviants and griefers would attract the scum of the internet and so closed it down and handed a copy of the game core to some other dudes who didn't care that much I guess.
So all the scum went to hatemoo and hellmoo retained the kind of players who enjoy touching each other and themselves while admins stare at them and also touch themselves while doing so.

The features list for H:ATE is pretty impressive, it's like a text Grand Theft Fallout.

• Huge variety of npcs to murder including robots, ninjas, scientologists, zombies and many more
  • Motorbikes, skateboards, roombas, planes and boats
  • Unrestricted PVP
  • Player housing and the ability to break in and take all the sweet text items
  • Massive open world, swim oceans, climb mountains, chill out with hendrix in heaven
  • Quests, jobs & journals
  • Lots of weapons including guns, WMDs, televisions and penis flails
  • Player run corporations and associated drama
  • SCIENCE!
  • Mutations
and crap loads more

The game is not child friendly or work friendly. It has some rather unorthodox features so if you are offended by a complete stranger pissing on you, spitting on you, farting on you, raping you, tricking you into eating harmful drugs and then dragging you off to their secret underground rape lair or being pushed down stairs by blind people then you might want to steer clear.

Much of the fun comes from interaction with other players and then murdering them.
Greenjester faces immediate justice http://pastebin.com/nbVVuYvh
Hulk Hogan holds a job interview http://pastebin.com/f231ca5be
Notorious DRS corp break into a guys apartment and are so sad that there is nothing to steal that they call in admin favours and redecorate his apartment http://pastebin.com/f290ef2a8
Charlatan challenges Lexi to an apple eating contest http://pastebin.com/f65325407

More info here http://aftertheend.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
To connect you can either telnet://aftertheend.org:7777 but telnet is not so great. Use a mud client like MUSHclient and connect to aftertheend.org port 7777

I'm Zenith in game

Definitely Not Mister Pops

The Secret of Monkey IslandTM

I got this game for my Iphone. Reminded me of the days when the Lucasarts label meant something fun.

Insult sword-fighting is one of the greatest game mechanics ever.
You may quote me on that.

radiator

I'm absolutely manic at the moment painting the new flat and packing etc, but in the last week I have downloaded Fez and Trials Evolution and have managed to grab an hour or two on each.

Seriously, if you own an Xbox 360 you really, really should buy both these games. Fez is an adorable 8-bitesque platform/puzzle game with a novel twist, and Trials Evolution is the sequel to the excellent physics-based 2.5D motorbike racer Trials HD*.

*Despite it's fearsome reputation as a hard as nails gaming experience, my girlfriend's young nieces and nephews - aged between 5 and 7 - adore Trials, and it keeps them glued to the screen when we have family visiting. There's something very intuitive about the controls that appeals to all ages.

Rog69

I just finished the excellent Trine 2 last night after picking it up in the Steam sale a couple of weeks ago.

For anyone unfamiliar with the series, its a very cool physics puzzle / platform game with some pretty lush graphics. It's pretty much more of the same from the first game but looking slightly prettier and having the inclusion of multiplayer this time around.

Roger Godpleton

Finished Kid Icarus last night. Best visuals this year, and the storyline is ridiculously awesome.

Mudcrab

Quote from: radiator on 23 April, 2012, 11:39:01 AM
Trials Evolution is the sequel to the excellent physics-based 2.5D motorbike racer Trials HD*.

*Despite it's fearsome reputation as a hard as nails gaming experience, my girlfriend's young nieces and nephews - aged between 5 and 7 - adore Trials, and it keeps them glued to the screen when we have family visiting. There's something very intuitive about the controls that appeals to all ages.

Ooooh, I like the look of that. Just finished Mass Effect 2 (they killed Mordin, the bastards!) so will check that out before 3 arrives!

Was always disappointed there's never been another Dave Mirra BMX game, loved that. This looks like it'll have a similar feel, despite being a proper bike as opposed to a BMX obviously.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Roger Godpleton

It's more of a physics-based platformer as opposed to a "bike game." One of the best games this year, I reckon.

radiator

QuoteOoooh, I like the look of that.

It's ace, but be aware that Trials is more of a platform game that a 'racing' game. You must use carefully-judged acceleration and the weight of your rider (via the analogue stick) to propel yourself through increasingly difficult courses. And it gets teeth-gnashingly hard in the later stages - proper old-school, throwing the controller across the room in a fit of rage hard.

Evolution comes with a suite of multiplayer modes and also an improved level editor if you like that sort of thing - imagine Little Big Planet but actually good. I don't much go for creating my own levels but it's a breeze to download other people's creations - the best ones are spotlighted and rated, and the level editor is extremely versatile - people have even created crude shoot 'em ups and even FPS'es using it (don't ask me how!).

Mudcrab

Gave it a trial (boom boom) and it's arsom! In Dave Mirra there was a lot of tricky hopping about on things and very painful looking crashes (basically like any of the skateboard ones), which this has in abundance! Had loads of fun on the rollercoaster and of course, many a restart! Great physics too. Only 1 stage off the end of trial so looks like I'll be buying it. I can see it getting pretty insane later.

Speaking of insane tricks/jumps and crashes, there's a new SSX out soon (or 3 years time knowing game hype) which I'm looking forward to, always loved those.

Aaaaah, reminds me of Kick Start  :lol:
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Mudcrab on 23 April, 2012, 07:28:25 PM

Ooooh, I like the look of that. Just finished Mass Effect 2 (they killed Mordin, the bastards!) so will check that out before 3 arrives!

Ooh. You may want to try to save Mordin. Jus' sayin'. He makes a lot of missions in ME3 easier, although he doesn't join your squad.
Lock up your spoons!