Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Haven't played the 3DS version, but the N64 original is one of my favourite games of all time.

judge cooper

NAZI ZOMBIES!!!YYYEEEEEEEEEAAAARRRGH

Goaty

Just play first Commandos: Behind The Lines, totally love it as did when it first out years ago!

radiator

Ah, that takes me back. Commandos was a great game! Rock hard though.

Goaty

Quote from: radiator on 19 May, 2012, 07:55:23 PM

Yep, lot of stabbing by knife, got all 1 to 3 in package on steam.

Commando 2 was best of all, as many of sneak and ways to less the German soldiers.

judge cooper

Quote from: Goaty on 19 May, 2012, 08:06:09 PM
Quote from: radiator on 19 May, 2012, 07:55:23 PM

Yep, lot of stabbing by knife, got all 1 to 3 in package on steam.

Commando 2 was best of all, as many of sneak and ways to less the German soldiers.
i could never stop using the bury technique to sneak past soldiers

Keef Monkey

Just finished Dead Island, which has the Best Videogame Trailer Of All Time Ever. The game is massively meh though, like a zombie Borderlands (which sounds amazing right?) but the combat's really poor and the missions are all dull fetch quests (I stopped doing the side-mission entirely which is rare for me with an RPG-ish game).

It's also not very slick, obviously a fairly low budget game that got hyped to high heaven because of That Trailer (which was outsourced to another company).

Didn't enjoy it much, but battered through it anyway, mainly because it has some of the funniest voice acting out there.

Keef Monkey

Just played through Syndicate (the Starbreeze reboot, not the great old school one).

I really enjoyed it, very cyberpunk which is an aesthetic that floats my boat. The shooting is pretty solid and the hacking powers make things a little different. It's rough around the edges so seems to have been rushed a bit, the art direction itself is gorgeous but there are some very unpolished moments and twice I thought I was stuck at a puzzle when actually a scripted event just wasn't triggering (and did once I rebooted).

A shame it wasn't shown more love, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'll take any sci-fi/horror-ish FPS over a million gritty military efforts. If you like sci-fi and enjoyed the F.E.A.R. games this is probably for you.

Professor Bear

The Walking Dead (XBL/PSN).  Not sure what the point of it is: you walk about, interact with something, then spend long minutes in conversation with other characters, then a zombie does something, then you spend another half hour in conversations that lead nowhere and resolve nothing.  Is this really what people would expect of a game based on The Walking Dead?

Saints Row: the Gangsters In Space, Apocalypse Genki and Trouble With Clones DLC.  GIS and TWC are really fun, especially getting super-powers and doing fireballs and running around Steelport with super-speed, but Apocalypse genki is just more of the same Genki bowl arena combat stuff.  Good, mad fun.

Lego Batman 2: in-level save points are long overdue for the increasingly-huge playing areas in these Lego games, but like Lego Batman 1, a lot of the levels can still feel overlong and the puzzles a little abstract.  What some of it has to do with Batman or his world is also open to question (different suits=different powers is an odd mechanic, for instance).  Still good fun, but I get the impression - as with many of the more recent Lego titles - that younger players aren't the intended audience.

Skyrim: finished it, then it keeps going.  And going.  Despite this, your actions don't seem to impact much upon your reputation or on how you can play the game, making your actions feel increasingly irrelevant.  I don't like this mechanic - I like to play as a character, especially if it's one I've created myself, and what that character is and how it acts in a world should have an impact on that world for better or worse.  Fallout 3 managed this mechanic with it's one-reputation system all the way back in 2008, but New Vegas and now Skyrim move away from that little by little to the point it becomes irrelevant if you act morally or otherwise, so why does it matter what you do, or to who?  Despite this, you're still locked into one side or the other in a civil war storyline that spans the main questline of the game with no option to switch sides, again making your decisions seem irrelevant and ultimately pointless, though fair enough it's only a videogame and is ultimately pointless anyway...
Enjoyable, all told, but unlike other immersive RPGs, I can't see myself replaying this one as a different character.

judge cooper

GordyM

Dark Siders 2: a lot of fun despite all of its over familiar game mechanics (Prince of Persia style platforming, God of War style combat etc). Decent length too - took me around 20 hours and I didn't bother my arse with any of the side quests.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Richmond Clements

I'm playing Halo Wars. It's bloody great.

Keef Monkey

Just played episode 3 of Walking Dead. Dear lord, that was stressful (and mighty depressing). Absolutely fantastic though.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Finished FEAR 3 yesterday. Great fun but The Shortest Game Ever.
Lock up your spoons!

NapalmKev

Just played Demo for Resi Evil 6. Not overly amazed but at least there are proper Zombies in it again as opposed to the Ganados (they still appear within the game).

Loved the originals but the series seems to be on a decline. Too much emphasis on 'buddy' combat mechanics and not enough scares!

Cheers  :)
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"