Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Sat down for a quick go on Dragonball Z Force Unleashed 2, and finished it a couple of hours later.  Not the longest game ever, but entertaining while it lasts and when it isn't glitching: I died about five times throughout the entire game, three of which were because the game restarted after a cut scene and my character was falling to his doom somewhere, and the other two were from the final boss, which glitched at the very last QTE sequence twice in a row prompting a restart, which wasn't the greatest solution because the bosses aren't difficult so much as they are boring - I know it's Vader and he's supposed to be the super-bad of the franchise, but it felt like I was just hammering the triangle button for a half hour.  Not sure about your character being from the planet Krypton, either.  Still, I suppose not every game storyline has to be The Last Of Us.

The Monarch

to answer

to get the breaking bad achievement you need to wear evil cartman beard and a bald cap while beating the meth heads

ginger: you need to beat the boss hall monitor wearing ginger freckles the ginger kids drop when beat

to beat the aliens you need to abuse the heck out of electric shock weapons

they moo due to thinking cows are earths dominant species

lemmiwinks is a friend you can make but hes easily missable
[spoiler]the whole mister slave episode is sorta kinda part of the plot near the end of the game and you can summon mr slave in his ass its a trophy[/spoiler]

JamesC

Hearthstone on the iPad.
Has anyone played this? It's a virtual CCG and is really good fun and seems really well balanced. I'm not very good but I'm really enjoying it! It was a free download and I haven't even made any in-app purchases yet - haven't needed to.

Bobblehead

I enjoyed Hearthstone. Its free to play but sorta encourages you to want to buy virtual boosters using real money to get those rare cards to make your decks better. That kinda thing annoys me but the choice of spending real cash is all yours I suppose. I chose not too and still had some fun games in the match-ups.      The arena is fun too,but it requires 150 coins to enter and so could only play a couple of times unless I either did some quests everyday (beat x number of opponents using a certain character) or bought some coins. Still,its a fun little game and wasted a few hours :-)

Link Prime

Downloaded retro classic Super Mario World on the WiiU recently, and man I'd forgotten what a unforgiving bitch this game can be.
Frustrating in a wonderful, wonderful way.

Thank god I remembered where the 'Top Secret Area' was...

radiator

Super Mario World is nothing compared to Super Mario Bros 1 and 3 in terms of how hard/frustrating it is. And let's not even discuss The Lost Levels...

Link Prime

I dunno Radiator, the Secret Exit hunt can become obsessively soul destroying.

And I was able to complete Super Mario Bros in around 15 minutes before my left bollick dropped!

radiator

The only bit of SMW I find challenging is the secret zone with all those levels called things like 'Gnarly' and 'Tubular'. Otherwise it's infinitely more forgiving than the 8-bit Marios.

I know it's fashionable to prefer SMB3 over World, but I could never really love that game, mainly because you couldn't save your progress.

The game we know as 'Super Mario Bros. 2' is and always has been gash.

Link Prime

Quote from: radiator on 06 May, 2014, 10:30:36 PM

Somebody hurt you in 1989.
This much we know for sure.

JamesC

Quote from: radiator on 06 May, 2014, 10:30:36 PM
The only bit of SMW I find challenging is the secret zone with all those levels called things like 'Gnarly' and 'Tubular'. Otherwise it's infinitely more forgiving than the 8-bit Marios.

I know it's fashionable to prefer SMB3 over World, but I could never really love that game, mainly because you couldn't save your progress.

I really like SMB2. It was pretty inventive at the time and back then I liked the fact that the sequel was very different from the previous game. And, of course, nobody knew that it wasn't really SMB.
I'm interested to know why you don't like it. The character select was great and made a big difference to how the game played, there are loads of secrets and the core mechanic of lifting and throwing works well. What's not to like?

I've always thought they should incorporate more of the elements of SMB2 into what has become a pretty stale series.

Theblazeuk

Super Mario World is king!

You have Yoshi. You have multicoloured Yoshis. You have the cape.

You have beautiful 16 bit graphics.

What is not to like.

JamesC

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 07 May, 2014, 10:34:00 AM
Super Mario World is king!

You have Yoshi. You have multicoloured Yoshis. You have the cape.

You have beautiful 16 bit graphics.

What is not to like.

I never really got on with Super Mario World. I know it's a quality game but it just seemed like they'd over-complicated things. I wasn't a fan of Yoshi or the spin jump.

Mind you, I'm not the biggest Mario fan. I don't like Mario 64, Sunshine or 3D World either.

Tiplodocus

I can see that these are great games but do you know what? I get bored after about 20 or 30 stars.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Satanist

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 07 May, 2014, 01:34:47 PM
I can see that these are great games but do you know what? I get bored after about 20 or 30 stars.

I get bored of you after 2 or 3 pints! And WTF is up with not liking Mario 64??? That was in Gforce window for a year prior to the N64 getting released and I used to go every Saturday to just stare in amazement.

I had to sell Mario World as I had 3 secret levels left to find and my dad accidently deleted my save. 20 years later and I still cast it up now and again.

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

JamesC

Quote from: Satanist on 07 May, 2014, 01:46:02 PM
Quote from: Tiplodocus on 07 May, 2014, 01:34:47 PM

I get bored of you after 2 or 3 pints! And WTF is up with not liking Mario 64??? That was in Gforce window for a year prior to the N64 getting released and I used to go every Saturday to just stare in amazement.

I had to sell Mario World as I had 3 secret levels left to find and my dad accidently deleted my save. 20 years later and I still cast it up now and again.

The NES Mario games were instantly accessible arcade platform games. Mario 64 was a sort of single player adventure which wasn't what I wanted from Mario (and still don't) and the graphics are ugly as hell (just like the majority of N64 games).
If I do want to play a single player cartoon styled adventure game I'll take one of the Monster World games over Mario, Zelda or just about anything.