Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

I know its not the sort of game that's discussed here (when I say I know I of course mean I guess cos I rarely come to these parts being a non-gamer) but I've become hopelessly addicted to 'Star Wars - Galaxy of Heroes' over the last couple of months. Endlessly entertaining for a very generic battling type game thingie.

Satanist

I thought I was heading for the finale of Chrono Trigger when it basically opens up the whole world and gives me roughly 7 quests to collect WMD's to beat the big bad. Not a complaint as the worlds great fun to explore and I don't really want it to end yet.

Also I now have a new member of the party I had no idea could join us and they are a brilliant addition.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Greg M.

Quote from: Satanist on 31 January, 2017, 10:44:44 AM
Also I now have a new member of the party I had no idea could join us and they are a brilliant addition.
Last time around, I bumped him off permanently as payback for Cyrus.

But yes, the game is at its best once you can travel anywhere, anywhen.

NapalmKev

Banned Footage: Vol 1.

Barely a week after the games release the first downloadable content for Resi 7 is out.

Three new modes to play, the first being Bedroom which involves [spoiler] waking up tied to a bed and having to escape[/spoiler].

Second, Ethan must die is a sort of like The Mercenary's from the early games.

Third, Nightmare mode which is exactly what it says. My longest time on that mode is about 5 mins.

Good content but I'm of the opinion that Bedroom was cut from the main game.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Link Prime

I've resisted the urge to get RE7 for the moment, trying to speed through The Witcher III before the new Switch / Zelda game arrives on my doorstep.

Really glad to hear RE7 has been well received- I look forward to scooping it up for peanuts on Amazon before Christmas!

Tony Angelino

I really enjoyed Resident Evil 7 to begin with.

There is a point where you have to make a decision (which I don't think is a spoiler as I frequently make decisions in relation to all manner of things that happen to me, not just in games) and I've just got really bored with it.

I heard the game was meant to be short. I wish it had been. It just seems to be going on forever. If I ever manage to finish it I will post again.

sheridan

On any given day the last game I've played is most likely to be Dungeons and Dragons (depending on the day and week, either 3.5 or fifth edition)...

The Enigmatic Dr X

Bloodborne

I'm astonished that anyone can consider this anything other than a turd.

It's needless, almost indulgently, obtuse to the point that I feel like screaming. I've been playing games for at least 35 years. How can I not work this one out? Is it me (I doubt it)?

I'm not talking about the "difficulty". I'm talking about the opaque menus and inventory system. I can handle a challenge, but I'm not sure that it should be a challenge to equip a weapon.

After 30 minutes of trying to equip a gun and sword, I gave up. I do not have the time to fight such poor design. If it is this unintuitive in the opening moments then, frankly, I will struggle to actually play the game when the time comes.

Life is too short for a UI that punishes a player. Learning a game can be a challenge, but playing a game should be intuitive.

This is just broken. It's so difficult I can't even reach an opponent.
Lock up your spoons!

Dr Feeley Good

Just gone back on Battlefront to get some of the dlc achievements then starting Deus Ex mankind divided...bought it full price when it came out and I'm only just getting around to it ! Saw it for £14 in tesco the other day ! Got to stop buying everything when it is first released....

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 05 February, 2017, 12:27:14 AM
Bloodborne

After 30 minutes of trying to equip a gun and sword, I gave up. I do not have the time to fight such poor design. If it is this unintuitive in the opening moments then, frankly, I will struggle to actually play the game when the time comes.
The deliberate obfuscation is a fair criticism but can I just (potentially patronisingly) clarify one thing. You do know you don't start with any weapons?
We never really die.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: I, Cosh on 05 February, 2017, 10:43:18 PM
Bloodborne

The deliberate obfuscation is a fair criticism but can I just (potentially patronisingly) clarify one thing. You do know you don't start with any weapons?

Yep. I died and got a gun and a sword. Then I spent over 30 minutes trying to equip them. Then thought, "I heard it was hard, but this isn't hard it's just obtuse for the sake of it."

It may be great. I don't have the inclination to suffer through poor design. The implementation should be seamless and flawless. It should present the game to me and let me play it. This is an obstable the designers didn't have in mind, or at least shouldn't.

I haven't been so pissed off since I tried to read Trainspotting or A Clockwork Orange all those years ago. Everyone raved about them too. But both were deliberately inpenetrable and, frankly, anything that a player/ reader just cannot access is not art. It's pretentious toss-pottery.
Lock up your spoons!

Satanist

Bloodborne

I'm astonished that anyone can consider this anything other than a turd.

Gotten to!  :lol:

Yeah equipping your weapons the first time is tricky, I think everyone has this issue but trust me its one of the most rewarding games ever once you actually get into it. At least try and get to the first boss before deciding you're not upto the task.  ;)

There's a good video on Youtube Beginners guide to Bloodborne or somesuch (about 10 mins) which answers a lot of the frustrations around weapons, level up, etc.

turd, tsk. It's easily in my top 10 games ever. Me and you are gonna have words on way to London!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Theblazeuk

Drokking grud on a greenie, you must be going futsie my fellow squaxx! Trainspotting and Clockwork Orange are hardly impenetrable :P

NapalmKev

Banned Footage: Vol 2.

Capcom are still churning out the extra content for the new Resi game, but this one lacks the punch of the first set of DLC.

Three new modes...

21 is a card game based on...21. Nice twist though as you basically gamble your own fingers instead of money. Throw in some electrocution and a homemade saw-blade and you have all you need for a fun game of cards. It's actually pretty good.

Jack's 55th Birthday. Jack's hungry, feed him! A lot more fun than it sounds! Run around various locations collecting food for the old man while fighting off enemies. Also brings back the ranking system.

Daughters. Really disappointed with this. You play the part of Jack's daughter in what is basically a short prologue to the main game. There's hardly anything to do and can be completed in a couple of minutes. Wasted opportunity I'm afraid.

Two good modes but overall a bit of a letdown considering how strong the first set of DLC is.

Cheers

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Pete Wells

Just completed The Last Guardian with my little girl sitting open mouthed beside me. It was a frustrating game, but, because you're trying to train and control a git big beastie most of the time, it made me slightly more forgiving. It looks great and I was totally invested in the relationship between the boy and his beast.  I was genuinely fearful for Trico on more than one occasion so the makers got something right.

I wouldn't pay full price for this and certainly won't be returning to it, but I'd recommend it if you can get it cheap.